Saturday, February 21, 2009

Anyone use cloth diapers?

Ok I have a few friends that use them and swear by them at least once the kids are a little older and the stools are a little more solid. There are a lot of factors to consider but most importantly which kinds are you using if you use them?

Two friends use Fuzzi Bunz pocket diapers which are REALLY nice. They are also pretty expensive to invest in to start. However, when I thought about what I will be paying for diapers it actually evens out or I would come out ahead. Especially if I could sell some of the supplies later - assuming they aren't totally nasty.

I also am concerned about the increased workload especially once Timothy arrives. It isn't like I will be able to slack and not do laundry for a couple of days. You just can't leave dirty diapers laying in a bag/bucket/bin etc. without some serious odor problems in your home.

Anyway - just a thought process I am going through at the moment and I thought I would check with other women who may have experience with them.

b

2 comments:

Shelly Pagel said...

I think they'd be great- but a lot of extra work. I know more and more people are starting to use them.

Unknown said...

http://sarcasticmom.com/his-butt-is-toxic-and-yet-eco-friendly/

The above is a blog I love to read... When I saw your diaper question I immediately thought of this post! I Hope it helps you out... I may even go green with the new baby! hmmm...