
JB really likes to feed himself his food these days. He can't always do it but when it is manageable I let him. This is what it looks like when he feeds himself his toast with egg yolk.
I am not that excited about the days when JB will insist on feeding himself his yogurt or applesauce. I know they have to learn sometime, but what a mess. Lately he pulls on his hair and ear when he is eating. I don't know if he is trying to clean his hands or just wants to play with his hair. regardless, we are now on a daily bath schedule with him. We didn't before because they don't really need them that often and his skin is so dry I thought it would be better to not. Now, we have no choice!

He loves to stand up on his own. Sometimes it is by accident and sometimes he does it on purpose. He pushes everything around that he can move and walks with it. He is getting ready for walking! He has taken a couple of steps on his own a few times now and only has to hold one hand when walking with us. He may be walking by his birthday! That would be fun, or not, depends on how you look at it. So many things happening for him all at once. He is growing up so fast.

Anne, Rusty's mom, made these chicks for his birthday party. We are doing a farm theme for it so she made these big gourds into chicks. ARen't they adorable? I wish I could be that crafty. Thank goodness she is so creative. I came up with the plan awhile ago so we could do things slowly and not be rushed and so we could take the time to make things or find good deals. I have no intention of spending hundreds of dollars on a party for JB or Timothy. It seems like too much to me. I want them to have fun and that is all. Kids can have fun playing with sticks for goodness sake.

Finally!!! I didn't forget; time just keeps getting away from me. Here is a belly picture of me with Timothy. It is about 6 months. I feel huge this time! I don't really know that I am that much bigger but I feel like it. It may have something to do with the fact that with JB I was not allowed to carry anything heavier than the groceries and this time I regularly lug a 21 pound kid around all day. Ok, I don't carry him all day but sometimes it feels like it. He is getting more independant which is good, because when I carry him too much I think it causes some Braxton Hicks contractions. It is either that or not enough water (which happens if I am carrying him too much - I forget to drink water).
Things are going well right now. Rusty is working - YEAH!! It is hard labor in this new area, but he is fine with it. I told him to look on the bright side, he won't have to work out at home now. I don't think unloading multiple pallets of 55 pound bags was exactly the kind of workout he had in mind, but we try to focus on the positive.
I have the Mom-2-Mom sale this week. You may remember me raving about it last Fall. They do one in the Spring as well and I am needing a few more items. Like a crib, and double stroller! Who would have thought I would be shopping for another crib and a double stroller? Not me, that is for sure! I also want a couple of toys for JB and I realized today that I don't have very many shirts for him in the 12 month size. I need to see what they have available.
I have been going through JB's old clothes getting them ready for Timothy. There are so many clothes! Too many. Although I will need to get a few things for the newborn stage. I gave most of that to Rusty's cousin Kenda for her little man, Ethan. I think that is fine. Timothy has to have some things of his own. I am looking for more browns and greens in his outfits. I know he won't know the difference. I just had so much blue for JB that I think something a little different will be a nice change for us.
I also was fortunate enough to know a woman through the MOMS group at church that has a three and a half year old son. She is pregnant again also, but is having a girl. They had saved most of his clothing for their second child but now that it is a girl, she is getting rid of it all. She sold a ton of it through Craigslist but she gave me a bunch of stuff for 18 months through 4T. JB will have the basics for awhile. I may have gone overboard since I also know Stacy Mosow picked up stuff for him in those sizes, but my thought process is this: If I have several options, especially in the bigger sizes which they wear longer, than nothing will be worn too often and Timothy may have a shot at wearing some of it. I don't want Timothy in rags so I think it will be good to have a good base of options. Rusty thinks I am crazy but other women seem to agree. They are pretty hard on clothes as they grow and like I said I hope these items last awhile.
I keep wondering what this baby will look like. Will he look just like Rusty and JB or be dark like me? It is so amazing this little miracle growing in me. There are so many differences already: the frequent heartburn (could that mean lots of dark hair?); the headaches; all of the activity. JB was not nearly so active. In fact I would frequently drink caffeine just to make him move. This one moves all the time. It is amazing to feel the differences.
I am so excited to meet him! Not in a hurry, but excited. I hope he goes until his due date (or when we schedule the c-section - which will be within days of my due date). I don't want to have to scramble with JB if it is too early. We were scrambling when JB was born and there was really nothing to do but get my bags and everyone to the hospital! I already thought of a picture I want to try to take in the hospital. I don't know that it will work but I told Rusty he is going to try it. I won't even mention it in case it is too crazy. I do hope that we get the shots of him coming out like we did with JB. I think those are amazing! Rusty thinks I am nuts, but I told him we have to do for Timothy everything we did for JB. As it is he is going to have all of these hand me downs, we have to be sure all other things are equal. A lesson I learned from my Dad.
2 comments:
OMGOSH JB is the cutest ever!!! So hard to believe he will be 1 soon! And you look great!
Love the belly picture!
Post a Comment