Thursday, January 08, 2009

Good News

Rusty was called back to work. There are still other concerns with the sale of the business, but for now we are greatly relieved and we will worry about the rest when it happens. There is no sense is stressing over it now. We are so happy for him to return to work and will continue to pray for those still out of work. These are very hard times, like nothing we have ever seen in our lifetime. Hopefully it will end sooner rather than later.

On a completely different note we are excited to have our second ultrasound on Monday. We will hopefully find out what we are having. I can't wait to find out - I am too impatient for that. Besides we have some arrangements to make and I feel better when I can plan for things.

I have been feeling really well through this pregnancy just like the last one. I do get a little more sore and tired but I am a lot busier this time around. I forgot that I spent most of my days when pregnant before sitting at a desk. This time I spend my days chasing after kids. It is fun though and I really love being with JB - although he is spoiled rotten!

I have also decided to go ahead and have a scheduled C-section. I will wait to schedule it until my due date but knowing the risks and the cause of it with JB I just don't think a VBAC will be best for the baby and me. The risks are not high as far as percentage of occurance but severe if they do happen.

The other main factor is the reason I had to have a c-section with JB. He was only 7 pounds - not that big and should have had no problem coming out, but he didn't. He was stuck in the birth canal, as evidenced by his lovely conehead at birth. My contractions were strong on their own and the pitocin was making them much stronger - too strong. They could only give me a relatively low dose of it. Knowing all that and doing the research confirms that it is not likely I could deliver a baby vaginally especially if it were any bigger that JB. I hope I don't have a baby smaller than him. I thought that was just about right. I could not handle knowing my child would have brain damage or other problems because I wanted to try for something that is not likely to happen. I checked online, spoke with my doctor (she was willing to try if I wanted) and even watched House of Babies! Shari Daniels the head midwife on that show quoted almost exactly what happened with JB as an unlikely case for VBAC. I couldn't believe it when I saw that this week! Almost exactly my birth experience and even she said it wasn't likely it would work. Rusty supports it 100%, he was relieved I think that I didn't want to try a VBAC. He doesn't understand the emotional aspects of it I guess. But as Angie reminded me before - the end result is the same a baby!

OK, JB is crying after his very short nap. Teething is not fun this time, I just wish those two teeth would come through already!

b

2 comments:

StacyBraatz said...

Bridget!!!!! Glad to hear from you and so glad Rusty is back to work, what a relief that must be!
Glad your feeling ok and I think Angie said it best, results are the same baby! I am so happy for you guys!!!! Take care and talk to you soon!!

The Lockhart Family said...

I know how stressed you've been & am soooo happy to hear that Rusty's going back to work... whoo hoo! I can't believe its already time to find out what you're having. We've been on a boy streak, so I'm hoping for a girl!!! But a healthy baby boy would be great too, ESPECIALLY if he is half as cute as JB is! ;)