Friday, December 19, 2008

Merry Christmas

I know it has been too long, again. I am a proud mama, but I tired one also and updating this is one of the last things I think of doing most days. I'm sorry. I will try to do better for everyone out there wanting to see how big JB is getting.

He finally started crawling this week! He really did it for the first time on his 8 month birthday. He was watching his friend Brody do it and just did it! He is still sort of tentative with crawling and as soon as he sees me come into a room he flops on his belly and pretends he can't get up. He is such a little stinker. He knows his mama is a sucker - at first anyway. I am getting tougher about letting him get mad, it is how he learns. Although, I don't know why I was in such a rush for him to crawl. I felt like all the other kids were so he had to - whatever. He goes straight for the DVD player and DVDS. Oh well, he will learn eventually.

Most people just got a little postcard for Christmas this year. We needed to cut back a little of course. I thought they turned out cute. Thanks for the idea Susie! It was kind of tough getting those footprints on there but we finally did it. JB and I both worked up a sweat doing it.

Here are a couple of pictures from when we were in MN in November. We laid really low on this trip. JB needs his naps so we didn't get to see many that many people this time but had a wonderful time with those we did see.




We hope everyone has a blessed Christmas and 2009. We are looking forward to spending time with Rusty's family and as our own small family. JB is totally going to score with presents. There are too many! We only got him one and Santa is only giving him two small gifts also. It is everyone else that is spoiling him. I am still thinking about hanging onto one or both of the Santa gifts for Easter or his birthday. We will see. The only reason we even got him a gift is because he loves the ball pit that the twins have (I watch twin 18 month old little girls). We had already picked up a little frog shaped pool for him for next summer. I thought it would work for a ball pit so we picked up a bag of plastic balls for him. He just loves seeing all of those balls and kicking around in them. It is so cute!

The main one that will be excited about his new toys is Abigail. She is the little girl that comes here three days a week (she goes with me one day a week to see the twins). She was thrilled with the new outdoor toys we just were given. I tell you what, I love hand-me-downs. Especially those that would cost a lot to purchase. Those plastic outdoor toys cost a fortune, but I guess other than fading from the sun they hold up pretty well. We have a little slide now and a trike and a boat. JB and Abby love the boat. It was too wet out to play on the slide the last couple of days. There is this little car run that the twins have that I would love to find at a consignment shop. But that outdoor toy stuff is hard to find. Gretchen and I were talking about it and it goes so fast because anyone trying to get rid of it barely has to tell anyone and it is gone! That was the first stuff to go at that consignment sale I went to last summer. Our yard will soon be over run with toys - how fun!

2 comments:

StacyBraatz said...

Glad your doing well, I check weekly to hear an update! I loved your card, they turned out great!! Hope your feeling ok!

MN girl said...

I feel great! I can't complain about much. Just the usual stuff that goes with being pregnant. The belly is popping out a lot faster this time. I can't believe how big Owen is getting - he is so cute! All your boys are. Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday a few days early!