Friday, November 21, 2008

Updates

Ok so the pictures are downloading to the computer as I type. Hopefully I will get them up tonight or tomorrow morning. We will likely be cancelling our cable/internet service so I won't update for a while after this. Rusty was laid off today. He is at a meeting now and they are reviewing everything with everyone. We are hoping it is a temporary layoff and that he will return to work after the first of the year. In the meantime, we are planning to cut back as much as possible - obviously. I won't whine too much, I know there are millions of people in the same predicament across this country these days. It is very scary and saddening.

I am a little more worried as I am also not currently working and the job market here always sucks but I will find something - I am not too proud to do anything. We also have the added concern for insurance. I haven't told everyone yet and hate doing it this way because it is a blessing from God, but we are expecting another baby in June.

I saw my doctor for the first time this week and we learned we are already twelve weeks along. We are happy but of course concerned for a lot of reasons. She is such an awesome doctor and can really put me at ease about anything. I was asking about whether their office takes Medicaid as I will have to go on that and she said of course. Then she said that God has a plan. I nearly cried right then. She is right. It is soon after JB and I have doubted the wisdom of us even trying when we did. Yet, the more I think of it I realize that we wouldn't be trying now or probably anytime in the near future. If we wait a couple of years would we even have one? We are not that young (Not that old either) and two kids in our mid thirties may not be a welcome option later. I believe we are meant to have this baby right now. It is wonderful and as convoluted as this whole paragraph is, I am just trying to say I trust in God through all of this.

JB is doing great. He had his first haircut yesterday. He was so good. I just thought she would trim the weird looking fly aways in the back and on the sides. She trimmed his whole head - it was that long! We have lots of little hair chuncks to put in his baby book. He was so cute. He kept trying to see what she was doing and moving his head around. Epo (Hawaiian name I think) has been cutting Rusty's hair for YEARS! She said JB's is exactly the same as his daddy's. It even helped her to cut RUsty's hair after JB. She now knows how it is all laid out on their heads.


OK I have to do the pics later, JB is up and hates me on the computer when I am holding him.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

Psalm 139: 13-16


Congratulations Rusty, Bridget & JB!

God has a plan....

MN girl said...

Thanks Kelly, I love that passage. It is so special and true. We don't always get to know His plans for us but if we trust in Him, it will all work out as it should. I just remind myself of that everyday and thank him for our blessings in life.

Shelly Pagel said...

Hey Bridge-- I'm sure you and/or Rusty will find something soon! Hopefully Rusty's job will need him back soon and all will feel at ease again! It will all work out! : ) Hope you are still feeling good and welcome to the 2nd trimester! Try to keep us all updated with out internet!