Wednesday, April 02, 2008

My Heros...

...are all of you that have already had babies and made it without complaining. I thought I was doing pretty well, until this week. I don't know how Gretchen and Jeanie did it with two in there! Shelly barely said anything about it being uncomfortable. I am getting really uncomfortable on my right side - where his little foot digs into my ribs nearly all day long! The pain isn't all that bad, just constant and it gets me cranky. I am trying very hard to not take it out on anyone and remind myself this precious little angel is just running out of room. I know it means I am getting closer to delivery as well.

I still don't know if I have had any Braxton-Hicks contractions. I can't tell. I get these weird feelings but they are usually at the end of the day when I am tired anyway and they stop when I rest. So, does that mean they are BH or just a tired belly and muscles?

Tonight I am going to have dinner with the Ministry of Moms Sharing (MOMS) group I joined through church. I wasn't sure how that would go when I first joined, but I wanted to do it to meet more moms close by our house. I love it! Any of you that could join should think about it - or start it at your church. I know going to a church sponsored group may be uncomfortable for most, but this is different. It is run by a mom, not a priest or deacon, and everyone participates at the same level. There is a journal that you work on throughout the week and then we meet to discuss some of what we wrote - not all of it, just some.

It has already helped each of us in some way and we have only met three times! We are all going through such different phases and changes in life but we can all help each other if only by listening. The most surprising thing to me is how many moms do not do anything for themselves. They get so caught up in taking care of children, husbands, work, home that they forget themselves. One woman commented that she actually stopped to think one morning about how she liked to eat her eggs for breakfast. She had just made them for her husband and kids for so long she had forgotten how she liked to eat them. This group is her initial step in taking care of herself along with her family. Of course this is all based on prayer and reflection and it is great.

Rusty is home today putting up the hot air balloons for the baby's room. He has been working so hard lately I can't thank him enough. He is so sweet. He totally indulged me all day Saturday. The Doctor had commented that I gained more weight at the appointment Monday and I thought it might have something to do with the TWO German sausages I ate at a festival; the cheese we stopped to buy on the way home; the nachos and pizza we had for dinner; and maybe the ice cream for dessert - what do you think?

The dresser is in so he will likely assemble that tonight while I am gone. Thank goodness that is here. I was getting annoyed that I didn't have the dresser already. Not stressed just annoyed - I wanted to put up some of the clothes and diapers that are piling up everywhere. For such small items, they tend to get away from me. They are also not a lot of fun to fold. It took forever to do the load of blankets, towels and wash cloths I did. Oh well, I had better get used to that.

We ate dinner with Jason and Teresa on Sunday and she gave us another bag of baby clothes that Bryson has already outgrown. It is nice having friends with a baby 2-3 months older than ours. Teresa's mom had stocked her up with baby clothes through the first year and she is just handing them to us as he grows. We won't have to get any newborn diapers and possibly not size ones. They said they had only bought their first 2 packages of diapers recently. It helps to stock up. Of course they are spending a fortune on Mylicon (?sp) drops. Poor Bryson has trouble with gas and bowel movements. They even have to give suppositories to him. Poor little guy - but considering all of that he is a very good baby.

I have calmed down and thank you to all for the supportive posts. I am not stressed just waiting - fairly patiently for the little man to arrive. I want him in longer so I am going to be sure and take it easy. I will try to remember to have Rusty take a belly picture again tonight for posting. I swear it is a lot bigger - even if I am measuring small.

Love,
b

3 comments:

StacyBraatz said...

I think ALL moms who have been pregnant and given birth are heros!! I for one didn't complain much with the first 2, but I am SO making it up with this one! LOL - Poor Rodney!
Just remember to listen to your body Bridget! This little guy will be here before you know it. Both you and Rusty are lucky to have each other in your lives!
I am so excited for you both!

Shelly Pagel said...

You are entitled to complain all you want! I was lucky to be really comfortable the whole time- I was never "lucky" enough to get those rib kicks I hear so much about. It did get hard to sleep at night, but like you said, it's all worth it soon! And it's true what they say- get sleep while you still can-- Henry loves to wake up every 2 hours! Take care of yourself and keep your spirits up- that helps a lot too!

Unknown said...

I think it's great you joined MOMS! We have a group like that at our church, MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers.) It help so much to have other moms close by. I learned that very quickly! And I'm only 80 miles from home...
I shared a cute short story on my blog about stress and taking care of yourself. It made me smile, I think you'd enjoy it too.
Blessings, Kelly