I forgot the pictures they printed during the ultrasound! Can you believe that? I guess I was still a little concerned - we have to have another ultrasound next week as well. It is better to be safe than sorry. He is 5 lbs. 4 oz. which for 36 weeks I guess can be small. I don't know if he grows according to the websites I read he should gain another 2 pounds or so by the time I am 40 weeks. The only problem with that is I don't think, and neither does the doctor, that I will go to 40 weeks. I am hoping for at least one more week and ideally two more.
For those that participated in the Shower in a Box I have some pictures I took of the group gift.
I know you didn't get to see the final product but the clothesline was awesome, it has outfits from newborn to 12 months. For those that sent gifts I didn't take pictures of them, you saw them, but they too were great! I had Rusty all annoyed because I was putting together the Bouncer Seat Shelly and Brendan gave us. Apparently assembling things is his job. (Never mind I had to correct the assembly on the four poster bed after he and David put it together.) Oh well. I am happy to let him put things together. It usually is a pain in the butt, but that was not a problem. I will attempt the swing tomorrow night.
Since we still have a few things to do and time is running out Rusty is now contemplating taking off Saturday so we can get some things done. He has to work a lot lately due to some new process they are starting at work. The overtime is nice, but he really is gone a lot.
I hardly saw him for our anniversary. I guess that isn't such a big deal since we were both so tired and preoccupied this morning with the Dr's appointment we didn't even wish each other Happy Anniversary. I don't get too worked up over such things. We did a few special things to celebrate in advance and he gave me a beautiful diamond solitaire necklace. It is lovely. He is so sweet. I got him a Revisor - a reverse visor for when he fishes. I had thought we weren't getting any big gifts because we had gone to the Alan Jackson Concert at the beginning of the month. He is such a stinker - but I adore him.
Here is a picture from the Convalidation or Blessing of our marriage by the Catholic church. They are sticklers for having a church wedding but it was nice and the class we took was actually very beneficial for us. Other than that it was just a little bit of paperwork. Rusty didn't mind.
I look like a cow and don't argue. I know I am measuring small for how many weeks I am, but that belly and the butt (as always) are huge!!
3 comments:
So glad you updated, I have been checking daily! Both boys were
6 lb's Bridget and they turned out ok (for the most part anyways). I wouldn't worry, if the doctors not worried than there isn't a reason that you should! Hopefully he will stay in for a few more weeks and that will make you feel better!! Take it easy and get some rest, you will need it!
You look great Bridg! I think the Dr's estimates of weight are always off too- so don't bank on it too much. I went 41 weeks and Henry was only 6lb 5oz and he's healthy as a horse right now-- eats ALL day (like his mama does too!) All babes are just different on how they grow and what time they decide to come out- I was only 5lb 9oz when I was born and I turned out ok -- besides the twitch... ha ha ha jk! : ) Take care, get rest and don't worry too much, less stress is best and will keep your babe cooking for a couple more weeks! Can't wait til the big day-- we'll be thinking of you! Keep updating for all of us!
Hey, I'm glad you updated! Thinking of you and sending relaxing vibes your way! Everything will be fine , I know it is hard but try not to worry. If this boy is anything like his Mom he will be VERY strong no matter when he is born!
Post a Comment