Wednesday, May 03, 2006

It's May

I can't believe how quickly time passes. Here we are planning or at least thinking about hurricane season 2006. Of course apparently much of the preparation (regarding food and water) is the same as what they are now recommending in the event of the Blird Flu Panedemic. Can you believe that? How insane is this stuff?

If someone gets bird flu in your area, your family is to be prepared to stay at home for up to a week! Maybe not that extreme I didn't see the whole story on the news, but still even a few days is a lot. I guess though, if it will help save lives let's do it. Researchers, or the CDC, or somebody was comparing the lack of preparation for this pandemic to Hurricane Katrina. Meaning, knowing it will happen and not preparing for it. Hopefully there are governmental preparations, but I also hope that individuals will take responsibility for themselves and prepare as well. There is really no excuse for not being aware and doing something as simple as keeping plenty of food and water in your home.

Ok I'll get off my soap box now.

I am going on another retreat this weekend. Still continuing the spritual growth process. I not only participate with King's Way (non-denominational but broke off from the Nazarene Church), but a great Catholic Church - Holy Spirit Catholic Church. They seem really great. Now, a few friends would be very surprised to learn I went back to, or continue to attend a Catholic church. They are really great at this church. They work hard at encouraging the Spirit and Msgr. Flaherty is awesome! I love his sermons. They even have a charismatic prayer group. None of which is crazy or wild, just different. I like them because Catholics typically have a mind set of reverence in their worship. Many other Christians have an enthusiastic mindset for worship. I don't think it is an either or situation, being excited about, and on fire for Jesus is wonderful in addition to reverence. I hope I learn more this weekend. I am looking forward to it.

I started softball last week. The season actually started awhile ago but I played my first game on Friday. We have another this Friday. It was fun! I played 3rd base and had a great time. I didn't do too bad - made a few plays for outs which is more than I can say I did in three years in right field. Although, I bet I got burned many more times than that in the outfield. It was fun and the team is pretty relaxed which is good. It is a different mix of players - from 60 to 16. They are fun.

Rusty and I are still working on home improvements. He has all the sheerocking done and we painted it all last weekend. It looks great!

Ok have to go now.

Ciao!
B

No comments: