Ok so again it has been awhile. Rusty is outside grilling with our neighbor Jim. They were working on the walls in the living room and dining room. I probably won't be on my computer much at all for the next few days as the dust is going to get worse and I think I need to cover the computer. I am paranoid, but I would hate for all of the dust to get in here.
The trip home was nice. I was glad to see everyone I could and hated missing everyone else. I hope next time will be a longer trip so I can catch more people. Maybe a little less stressful? Let's hope! It is hard trying to get to see everyone.
Jeremy and Kristin's wedding was lovely and a lot of fun. Of course that group of friends is always a great time. something silly always seem to happen. Pete and Susie were kind enough to let me stay in their room which was great. It freed me up to drink some wine which I always enjoy.
I had breakfast the next morning with my parents, sisters and their families. We are up to 15! We had to call and reserve a table for the whole group. Of course 6 of them are kids, but still!!!
Thanks Tom and Jessie, Erica and others for coming up to my sister Jill's to see me, or to Trophy House etc. I appreciated the effort and loved the chance to catch up and especially the opportunity to meet the new babies. (Now that doesn't mean I don't love and appreciate everyone else, but it made seeing a few more people easier for such a short trip). On top of that I also was able to get together with several girlfriends from college and meet all of their children! so many changes! Instead of finals and 10 pagers, or the latest book club book, diaper bags and epidurals were the topics of conversation. That and sassy kids. I heard about that from a few parents. Of course all of the kids are great but they have their moments of independance, and even a two-year-old doesn't always think mom or dad is right.
I know it is short tonight but it is almost 10 pm and we haven't eaten, and I am hot because the AC is off so we can air out all of the sheetrock dust, and I am tired.
Hopefully my sister's and friends will send me some pics from when I was home so I can post them. let me know if it is ok to put up pictures of the kids!
B
Tuesday, April 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment