Monday, January 30, 2006

Yep I am a dork...

It's true I have always known this, but it can be officially confirmed. I am a 30-year-old woman that loves the show Wildfire on ABC Family. It is silly, but it can't be helped. The fascination started when I had on a show marathon one weekend while I was cleaning the house. It takes most of the day (I don't necessarily work fast on cleaning) so I just left on the show. Well, it was all over after that. I love horseracing maybe that is why I enjoy the show.

I am also a dork because I can't make up my mind about anything! Well not on the first shot anyway. I changed my flight home and won't be coming in Feb. I will now return to MN in April - the 5th through the 9th to be exact. I will then be able to attend a friend's wedding. I just love weddings - we all know that! Oh and just for the record. I counted and I have been a bridesmaid 11 times, personal attendant twice, reader twice and usher twice - oh I also was an assistant photographer. Not to mention the fact I was a flower girl twice as a child. That is some serious wedding time and doesn't include those I have attended. Maybe I should look into being a bridal consultant. Yeah, and let's hope there are no real curses about being a bridesmaid, because I am screwed if there is!

We have a Mardi Gras tree in our house! Yep, I never took down the Christmas tree. This doesn't mean I am succumbing to redneck ways. I was waiting for Rusty to be sure there were NO FROGS OR LIZARDS on the box before he brought it in from the garage. We have had both in the house within the last couple months. For whatever weird reason Buster likes to catch them and them he kills them. I don't so much like the killing part, but I think he is just trying to play with them like they are toys and they die. YUCK!!! I still have to pick it up!

Sorry, I digress, I was explaining why the tree was still up. No box to put it in yet. Well, we were at the store getting ideas for the yard and then stopped to look at the Mardi Gras stuff. I had commented to Rusty that the office downstairs from ours has a ton of decorations for Mardi Gras and they look awesome. I wanted some maybe not this year but for next year. Rusty then had the bright Idea to make the tree a Mardi Gras tree! We have a glittery hat on the top, Garland lights wrapped around it and then beads slung all over it. We had some left from last year's Mardi Gras festivities and some from Vikings football. We also added some bulbs in the correct colors. It looks good! At least I don't have to take the tree down for a while longer (if ever - you know Easter is next, Spring, 4th of July, Fall etc and then back to Christmas!!). Maybe I am a little redneck. If we start leaving the lights up outside, I expect an intervention from my friends and family!

Ok, gotta go, Buster left the room a few minutes ago and that usually means trouble. I wish he would start to calm down from his puppy phase. He is a lot better but we still need to keep an eye on him, especially in the backyard - he loves to dig!

b

No comments: