I will be home in February. I considered changing the flight to make it to my friend Jeremy's wedding, but I hope to do that in addition to this trip. I am going to think big and hope for the best.
The quest for a teaching certificate continues - at a slow pace, but I am working on it. I need to get an Official transcript and apply for a job and teaching eligibility (I won't be eligible - but this has to be done) and then I can apply for school. I talked with Susie and Rusty's mom Anne and we all determined there must be some kind of background check or something that they look for in the eligibility phase and don't want folks to start the education program without prior approval.
I nearly chopped off the tip of my thumb today. that is always a nice way to start your day. I was prepping the veggies for the beef stew I was making and the potato slipped. Not good. It did reinforce to me that nursing would not be a good option as a career. It didn't hurt much, but made me REALLY uncomfortable looking at it. cleaning up the blood wasn't a big deal, but looking at the wound was not good.
I am really excited for Mardi Gras again this year. Not the New Orleans party just the one here on Pensacola Beach. The big parade is on Sunday. There are plenty of parties on Fat Tuesday at bars, but here the parade happens on Sunday. Unlike the state of Louisiana and Mobile and Baldwin Counties in Alabama, Escambia County, Florida doesn't have Fat Tuesday as a holiday. Did you know Mardi Gras started in Mobile, AL? It took off in Louisiana and the state has it as a holiday (Fat Tuesday that is) but started in Mobile. We went last year to the Mobile parade on the Sat. night before Tuesday. It was ok. We actually had a better time at the parade in downtown Pensacola the night before. Typically that is a pretty small parade or it doesn't happen there, but due to Ivan last year they had it downtown. Rusty and I had a great time eating moon pies, gumbo and red beans and rice and of course having a couple of drinks with all of the food. I had to drive home, the poor guy has a hard time driving downtown. Keep in mind, the population of Pensacola is possibly the size of Rochester. He cracks me up still. He can't navigate one way streets and traffic, but can go 40 miles into the Gulf and find a fishing spot.
Anyhoo, life is pretty quiet right now. We're getting ready for the yard work and gardening. I am still trying to figure out a low cost way to improve the backyard. Rusty wants nothing to do with it. He has taken care of the front yard and he thinks that is all that matters. However, at this time just as many people can see our backyard from across the canal as the front yard. I am determined to make it look nice. I also remind him it will help resale value.
Ok, time to go, Buster is driving me nuts. Besides Rusty said he would help wash my hair for me since it is harder to do it with my thumb all wrapped up.
B
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment