Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy 2006!

I wanted to make sure I updated this within the first day or so of the new year. We had a lovely Christmas here in Florida. The weather was nice, a little rainy but we couldn't complain. We did need to kick on the AC though once everyone was here. It was a little warm in the house and too warm outside to help cool it off inside.

Rusty spoiled me rotten. he gave me a new digital camera, my favorite perfume and new makeup that I had wanted in additoin to gift cards. But one of the surprise gifts and the best of all was the DVD of The Burbs! Joleen, you would appreciate this. It is an old 80s movie, maybe early 90s. Starring Tom Hanks and Carrie Fisher as a married couple in suburban middle America (maybe the Chicago area?). It is a hoot! It is a very funny movie about suburbanites and murders and spying and gossiping. Ok doesn't sound funny but Joleen was right it is very funny. - oh and Corey Feldman was in it probably in the midst of his drug abuse days he's still relatively young in it.

Rusty's mom - Ann, sister - Kelly, brother-in-law - Kory and nephew - Nick were with us for both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. It was very nice. Dinner on Christmas Eve was with most of Rusty's family. A few had to miss due to other family obligations and Rusty's poor grandma had the flu. We still had fun and broke out the Karaoke machine. I had to sing the first song! Rusty's mom coerced me into doing it! I had had a little bit of wine, but not enough to make that kind of spectacle in front of Rusty's family. I wouldn't be that comfortable in front of my own family! I stepped up and did it; as hostess they made me feel guilty for not participating. I sang Here for the Party by Gretchen Wilson. I made it through and they were teasing me because apparently when I sing country songs I sing them with a twang.

I don't have a twang or drawl according to anyone here. Of course when I speak with people from MN, they constantly say I have a drawl. Ann was especially amused that I added a twang when singing. anyway, we could barely pry the mic. from Rusty and his uncle Roy for the rest of the night. His poor sister, Kelly, had a heck of a time getting Nick to bed that night, but what can you expect? We were having way too much fun!

On Christmas day we (Rusty, Kelly, Kory and I) went to a movie in the late afternoon. The Family Stone. It's not a comedy. It isn't all that funny. It is a family drama with some funny parts to it. I was expecting Meet the Fockers this wasn't anything like that. It was good, just not what I expected so I was thrown off by it. It was Christmas and wasn't interested in seeing anything too heavy. We should have gone to see Rumor Has It. Kory really wanted to see Jarhead, Syriana or Munich. For me a little too much on a holiday. He also wanted to see Dick and Jane - anyone seen that? I heard mixed reviews on it. I am glad we didn't see that. The other I would have liked to have seen is King Kong. Now that isn't light, but I think it would have been cool. I seem to have a bias for Peter Jackson now, so I think I would have at least enjoyed the look of it. Again, who knows?

Ok, time to go now.. I must investigate some education options and financial aid/scholarship information. Scary - going back to school!

Ciao!
B

No comments: