Monday, December 12, 2005

weekends...

...are so nice even when do practically nothing. Rusty and I went up to his mom and David's. I stamped and wrote in our Christmas cards and Rusty hunted. His mom and I figured out what everyone would bring for Christma and she called all of the family members today. I thought she was going to email, or wouldn't have asked her to call. It is long distance for her and not me. Not always thinking am I?

I love to cook but and I don't think I have over strained myself. I did let more go once I chatted with his mom. The appetizers aren't going to be hard and all but one are able to be done in advance. same with the actual dinner. All of my stuff involves very little prep.

We also spent time over the weekend picking/gathering up pecans. They fall from the trees, which are everywhere down here and you just pick them up and crack them (at home). We are pretty late in the season, but still have enough to send to my Grandma. We shelled them for her and will send them this week.

I also for the first time have real mistletoe. Now tell me if any of you had the real stuff if your homes? I know we never did. Here you just get it from the trees. It just grows in them. Of course David shot it down for us, so Ann and I both have some. I didn't use much of mine, I left it out too long i think. I don't know what you need to do with it to keep it fresh looking. Oh well, there is some on our porch and on the archway to the kitchen.

Well, I must go to bed now I am getting sleepy. Joyce if you are reading this, tell me the natural cure for a sore throat, please? Mine is bugging me and I need some help. I am not going to the doctor for anything!

Merry Christmas!
b

No comments: