I know it has been a long time. Thank you Susie for the kick in the butt and reminding me. Please don't stop checking up for new happenings.
I have rented my townhome - finally! What is with the last possible minute? Oh well, it is done and I am greatly relieved. I will confess, I wasn't that worried. Somehow I trusted it would work out and it has. Of course now there is the issue of some repairs and the cleaning. My mother was kind enough to go there and clean and she will go back to finish a few last little things (I think).
Rusty and I will be hosting his family for Christmas Eve dinner. I am really looking forward to that. It should be fun. I guess they normally eat ham and stuff on Christmas. I will prepare that and a bunch of other things. They all bring stuff as well so there will be no shortage of food. His aunt Dee will have us for Thanksgiving. That works well - like I said before I then get to put up my Christmas stuff early.
I am working part-time at Target for the holidays. It is fine, but weird in that I don't really know who my manager is. I don't know who I discuss time off with or even an availability change. It is strange. No one is a manager - team leaders and executives. Whatever. Call them a manager and Supervisor so I know who the hell I am supposed to talk to about these things. I work in health and beauty which is fine. It is shopped a lot -all of those lovely paper products and personal care items. It is a pain to straighten but oh well. I don't have to fold T-shirts all night. I still don't enjoy that after one holiday season at Express. It is pretty laid back. I take breaks when I want as long as there are others on the floor and then just keep my area straight. I work hard when there, but I don't stress too much about anything. My biggest problem is that I am trained to bring the customer to the product from B&N. However at Target they want you to give aisle numbers (like I know that shit!). I just feel odd about pointing to a part of the store and saying over there. i know why they do that though, can you imagine going from clothing to holiday (in some store layouts that isn't far but they are opposites in the one I work) all day long? I would loose some serious weight though and that would be nice.
Yep, Rusty and I have slacked on the diet since being home. Part of it is the lack of activity due to hurricanes and Rusty's knee. Hopefully know we will get back to a little more activity and eating better. There is a definite increase in weight gain after most hurricanes. People just eat crap that is quick, easy, non perishable stuff (MREs - 2000 or more calories per meal) and then don't go back to eating well for awhile. Especially when under the stress of repairs or relocation etc. There have been articles on it here. That is perfect - I get to blame my lack of self control on Ivan/Dennis and Katrina! Really I am lazy and like junk food and a lot of it!
I hope everyone had a spooky Halloween. I worked at Target and we were in all weekend with Rusty's knee post-surgery. Oh, I guess I need to explain what is up with his knee. It was hurting him when we were there in July. Needless to say, it didn't get much better after that. He had X-rays, and an MRI and Cortisone shot, and it was still bad and nothing found. He finally went in on Friday for arthroscopic surgery (?). Turns out he has pseudo-Gout. Not gout but something that acts like it but not brought on by high levels of acid in your joints/body. I don't know much about either other than there is no reason why people get it, how they get it or even a treatment for it. No treatment other than anti-inflammitory drugs and Cortisone that is. It seems that an "insult" to the joint can bring it on, meaning hurting it. He did hit it on the boat when fishing so hopefully without other bumps it won't act up very much in the future. It is a condition most common in 80 year olds. Seriously - starts in the 50-60s for many but hardly at all before then. Great! Rusty was not at all pleased with the diagnosis. I can hardly blame him for being upset.
Oh! I will upload some photos later - one from when I went fishing with Rusty and his friend Evan and Evan's girlfriend Amy. It was a lot of fun. At least a lot more fun than when it is just me Rusty and one of the guys. I did reel in the one in the photo!! I swear and Rusty would even confirm it. He of course got it on the line for me. They just kept stealing my bait. We had a dolphin following us the whole time and it was killing the fishing. I love the dolphins when we aren't fishing but they suck to have around when fishing. I think it is good they are protected species, because I can imagine the fishermen get really upset when they show up.
The other is of the oranges we have from our tree! There aren't many - literally that is all we have. Weel, Rusty and I both ate one. They are still pretty green but not too bad. A little tart but they will sweeten up well. typically they are left on the tree to ripen, however they had started to yellow and then we had rain last night. They are navel oranges (or some such thing) and have very thin skins on them. When it rains the tree sucks up all the water and then the oranges split open and are bad. We had to get them off right away. We are lucky we had as many as we did. The hurricanes, all of them, have really abused that tree and it's fruit.
I will put the pics up later - maybe tomorrow. That is if I figure out who to talk to at Target after work tomorrow.
Rusty and Robby are going to tile the wall in the kitchen tomorrow! I think it will look lovely. Rusty has peeled the wallpaper off and repainted all of the other wall space in the kitchen. Now before you go thinking he does all the work I did most of the other three rooms that we have redecorated.
Ok time for bed. I am beat. I think I am getting too old to work two jobs. But it will help with the holidays and a little more re-decorating. and before anyone thinks I am implying his mom had bad taste, even she thinks it needed to be re -done. she had been working on it before they moved and Rusty told her to stop. Why I don't know, but he did. Crazy man didn't get that even a lovely home needs to be updated every 5-10 years or so - at a minimum!!!! I don't know how his mom put up with him and David. Both hate house stuff. They don't understand the need for it.
Ciao!
B