Here are Deena and DJ on their wedding day. Can any of you believe that this is the only photo I have of the two of them. I was running around all the time during that day and missed the pics - that night as well. Oh well, they were both beautiful. DJ was the 99th member of the Heiman (my mom's) family. My aunt and uncle Chris and Jim Heiman commemorated this with their gift - 99 bottles of beer. Those of us present at the reception sang a couple of verses from the song of the same name - 99 Bottles of Beer that is. It was fun and DJ thought it was a pretty cool way to be welcomed to the family. Of course the Kimmes' were just as happy to have him. He is a great guy.
Hardly any blog update from home is complete without a photo of a neice and nephew. This is Ethan and McKenzie. They were in charge of handing out programs at the wedding. Poor Kenzie was exhausted with all of the activity. Ethan on the other hand took it very seriously and made sure EVERYONE had a program. They were so cute and sweet. I will save the other kids for another blog update.
One shot of my sisters and me. Ok, honestly I look pretty pudgy in the face. Not the best shot but my sisters are all stunning in this photo so I had to include it. They are all very pretty. And none of us was fighting with another in this shot. It is practically a miracle. We are fiercely protective of each other if someone else is critical, but we can be brutal when it is just us. It is a little crazy sometimes - it was definitely overwhelming for Rusty! He got over it. That's all for now, again too short. I will try to get the pics up from my brief trip to New Orleans. I know Nikki is waiting for them. I met her there on the 13th of August. It was fun and I can't wait to go back with Rusty. It is just as dirty as most major cities and Bourbon Street smells like it does when working behind a bar. I attribute that to the fact that everyone wanders around with their "to go" drinks all day long. Anyhoo - email me! I miss hearing from everyone. It was great to catch up with those I was able to see in MN, but there were too many I missed and it has already been a few weeks! Email me!
Bridget
No comments:
Post a Comment