Well, we are back at it. It is amazing what the prospect of a house guest will do for motivating the completion of house projects.
I for some reason decided to see how hard the wall paper was going to be to take down from the kitchen walls. That is one of those moments in life when a person looks back and thinks, why couldn't I leave well enough alone?
Obviously it isn't coming off well and it looks awful. Now my friend Tonya may come and visit and I have a kitchen with half peeled off wall paper! Would she really care if it looked like that? Probably not. Do I! Hell Yeah!
This evening Rusty and I went to Home Depot for yet another round of Kilz and paint buying. Of course typical of my luck, we are one day early for their paint sale. Whatever. Somedays you just can't even bring yourself to complain. The guy working in the paint area was very nice and helpful. He looks startlingly like my new brother-in-law DJ. So much so that even Rusty noticed it. Deena wanted me to take a photo when I told her, but that would be a little strange, even for me.
Now a few gallons of stuff later in addition to more glue dissolving liquid for the wallpaper removal, we are ready to paint the bathroom, guest bedroom and hopefully half of the kitchen. Neither one of us is optimistic enough to think we would ever be able to get it all done in just a few days. Wish us luck!
Of course in the midst of all of this we are faced with another potential hurricane. I don't even have the energy to start worrying about this one. The lines at the gas stations just went away a couple weeks ago and now we will all be dealing with them again. I'm hoping for a major diversion in the projected path, but that doesn't seem to happen often. Maybe it won't be big, so when it crosses over the Southern Florida peninsula it will be wiped out leaving it unable to regenerate in the Gulf's warm waters. Katerina - GO AWAY! (or whatever the name is)
I guess that is all. I must go and look for another new or second job now. All of this home improvement stuff and Rusty's impending knee surgery, not to mention the holidays (yes I know - it seems early but I worked retail for a long time and this is when I start preping!!); I could use a little extra jing in my pockets. Besides, I love to entertain any chance I get and Rusty just doesn't share my enthusiasm, this will make that endeavor more fun for me.
Take care all - I miss you!
b
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment