OK it is going to get ugly soon and it is already not pretty in Pensacola. For those checking this and the landfall point I will list the locations of some of the cities near our house.
We are on Innerarity Point Road. Across the bridge from what is referred to as Perdido Key, FL. Perdido is the last part of FL next to Orange Beach, AL. We are half an hour east of Gulf Shores, AL and 25 minutes from Downtown Pensacola. Destin, FL is about an hour east of Pensacola. Fort Walton Beach and Panama City are also both further east than Destin.
At this time they are thinking Dennis will make landfall on the eastern most point of AL's coast. Meaning down the road from us. We would love it to land in Destin. Yeah we are selfish. This storm however is more compact and stronger and worse than Ivan. It will devastate the an area already horribly damaged.
Jim Cantore is the one person no one in Pensacola likes to see in the area. The Weather Channel golden boy is ALWAYS where the weather is supposed to be the worst. Really residents of the area flinch when he is on the beach. I think in all honestly he really likes the area, but we wish he didn't get to spend so much time here.
Rusty is at his friend Jason's house now but I am hoping he will go to work and stay in their shelter. I don't know that the storm will have decreased enough for him to safely drive to work at 4:00 am tomorrow. His shift starts at 5 am and they are absolutely required to be there or be fired. It is a chemical plant and they need to ensure it doesn't blow or have any other problems that would be even more catastrophic.
This may be the last update. I may try to update later today but we are expecting to lose power later today or overnight. I think we feel the effects 4-5 hours after it makes landfall. This storm it may be sooner as it is acting differently from most and pushing the bands in front of it rather than to the north east of it. If that occurs I will try to call my mom and sister to keep them updated but I have no idea if the cellular towers will make it.
Take care.
Bridget
Sorry for the misspellings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment