Saturday, July 09, 2005

Saturday

I am not in AL. I didn't leave until about 5:30 this morning. Rusty isn't here. He wouldn't bave been able to get back to FL later so he is just staying at the house tonight and then tomorrow going to either his work shelter or his friend's house. I hope to the work shelter. I know he will make it to work Monday AM and I don't want him to try driving before it is safe.

No straying from the path. Thanks to Cuba though it lost a lot of strength overnight. It is picking up.

The highway is closed going south and all four lanes of traffic are for northbound evacuation. That is a little odd to see. It took them several hours to manage it. I-65 is closed from Montgomery to Mobile. That is well over a hundred miles of interstate closed down. The lengths this area goes to are amazing and the work involved makes us all grateful for the police. We won't be saying that when they won't allow us back to our home in a few days. But they are trying to be sure it is safe. However, when a person wants to know if their home is there or not, nothing law enforcement does will make him or her happy. I know I will be anxious to get back.

Two of our neighbors are staying in the neighborhood. We will hopefully be able to call and at least get an idea whether or not there was flooding. They will also be able to see the front of the house and know how that looks. They might not bother trying to go and check the back. I hope they don't.

Take care!

Bridget

No comments: