Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Mardi Gras

I am so excited to have my first experience with Mardi Gras. No I am not going to New Orleans, although my friend Lexi will be there. Rusty and I and maybe a couple of his friends and a new acquaintance I have made, are going to Mobile for their parade on Saturday. I have a small party next Thursday night as well and hopefully much more! I don't think I will be flashing for beads the Crews (Bayou talk -I don't know how that is spelled but they are the societies - sometime secret, hence the costumes and masks - that and the general debauchery) that have floats tend to throw plenty of beads out to the crowd without too much nudity involved. At least that is what I have been told. I also want to try the moon pies that I keep seeing. As with all great festivals there is food involved.

I went to Disneyworld last week and loved it! More than I thought I would. It was beautiful and it sounds cheesy but magical. There is something about being in a park where there are animals that talk to you; princes and princesses; a huge castle; parades throughout the day; shows with Tinkerbell flying through and fireworks. It was fun, now I see why children love it so much. I also really liked Epcot. I didn't expect much from it, but was very impressed with it.

To all of my references - THANK YOU! The new job seems to be going pretty well - we'll see. Rusty's mom and sister did a little investigating on his background and apparently he has a good reputation in the area - in law and in land development. He started this private club at one of the local restaurants in the area. It is at McGuire's Irish Pub - great place - gotta try the Irish Wake and keep the jar it comes in! Well, this little restaurant has a series of private rooms, you must be a member of the Irish Politician's Club to sit in there. Mr. Reeves originated the idea with the desire to have his own table in order to have meetings with the other owner's of the building in which McGuire's does business (They helped get it going long story but Mr. Reeves and the owner go way back). Anywho, the publicist of the restaurant heard this and took the idea and ran with it. There are monthly dues, a minimum quarterly expenditure and you must be approved to be in it. So this little Irish pub, is rather like a Country Club in some aspects, just a lot more fun that most County Clubs. One of the perks, is being able to come in through the kitchen. Mr. Reeves does that often to avoid having to talk to the common folk (just kidding - but he is usually trying to have a meeting and gets caught up talking if he goes in through the main door). I just find this and this other thing he does frequently involving a thing called Chits entertaining. I will have to go into that some other time. He is a hoot and I think it will be fun working there.

I love and miss all of you!

Ciao!
B

No comments: