Yes - it happened over the weekend while I was in Orlando. It is a huge relief and I am looking forward to working for this man. I will have to write more later as the job develops and fill everyone in on how it is going. He is a real estate lawyer and seems very nice. The woman currently running his office is only leaving due to her husband being assigned a new post in San Diego - this is common living in a military area. I could tell Mr. Reeves was relieved I had no ties to the military, not that it would have prevented him from hiring me, but it is something many employers are conscious of here.
I went to Disneyworld with Dan, Stacy, Benji and Zoe Mosow (the family I was a nanny for in college). We had so much fun. I will try to download some of the photos and get them on here tomorrow. Tonight I am still tired from driving yesterday and today.
I met Rusty at his mom and stepdad's house (Ann and David). I met a few more of their hunting friends this time and we went to this little bar called Choomolly's. For those folks in New Trier or Hampton - those are big cities compared to most of Alabama. There are a few major cities in AL and then the rest is country - much like MN - but this is really country.
I passed a town yesterday on my way from Orlando to Georgiana where his parents live and they had this monument with a huge confederate flag flying on it. Not an American flag anywhere in sight. Not an overly comfortable feeling since I am frequently referred to as a Yankee already by many. This is by normal people that for the most part are only kidding. I don't think folks in that town would be kidding. Sometimes I feel like I am in the twilight zone. I mentioned this to Ann and she just shook her head and said there are those that give the rest of the Southerners a bad name. Rusty's parents are really wonderful people and do not hold many preconceptions, but they do live in a sometimes crazy area.
Rusty and I and Ann and David went pistol shooting today. Rusty wants me to have one (a pistol) since he knows I am not comfortable here alone at night when he works. I also am not going to pick up the 12-gauge shot gun he has behind the bedroom door if there is an intruder. He feels, and I agree a pistol would be a better option as long as I take the necessary precautions with it. FYI - we live in a safe area - I think my issues stem from all of the changes in my life. I actually had a good time shooting it and did pretty well. Ann was concerned everyone in MN would think I was being brainwashed into a militia organization. I thought that was pretty funny.
Time for bed - starting a new job in the morning.
b
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment