I have been trying to get back on here for a couple of days and keep getting distracted. Amazing how that happens. Well, nothing like an attempt to exercise to get me sitting in front of a computer typing again. So I discovered the other thing I hate as much as job searching - working out. It makes me sweaty and smelly. I breathe heavy and because I don't pay attention to my breathing I usually end up with a slight asthma attack. No worries nothing serious just annoying.
Enough about that. Rusty is humoring my need for Christmas decorations to go up early. I am used to dealing with the holidays beginning in August thanks to B&N, so as far as I am concerned I am really behind! We have up the tree and the mantel decorated. We put his lit buck outside and tomorrow we will hang the wreaths, put the little trees along the driveway, and put the lights in the bushes. We also have the icicle lights for the front of the house and I have some other things we'll put in the back. Weather won't be an issue other than we may get too hot while working outside. Ha! can you believe that putting up the decorations the week before Thanksgiving and we'll get hot? I really think I will enjoy FL. In the summer there is the air conditioning and the beach so don't try and tell me I'll hate it later. I can deal with humidity and heat.
Most of my Christmas gifts are already taken care of, I didn't want to have to being them back with me when I return for New Year's Eve. It does however eliminate some of the fun from the season. I always enjoy shopping for gifts for friends and family. Thank goodness there are still a few gifts left to buy - that is of course if I ever find a job!
I had two interviews this week. The first job is at a car dealership - it is a good job and I am familiar with the position. The other is with a staffing company, I would be one of the owner's assistants. I would really like this job as it would give me experience in starting a new business. I fully intend to start my own business eventually and this job would prove invaluable for that. However for that job there were 600 applicants in one week. I called up my references and I hope they make me sound fabulous! There are actually a lot of jobs in the area for anyone in roofing, construction, demolition etc. I am not a skilled laborer so I have to work with what I've got. I am not too worried I am sure everything will work out, but I really want that job! This job I know I can do! It is exactly the environment I thrive in and I would love it. I just hope she thinks so also.
Wish me luck with this job and I will keep everyone posted.
Oh it was brought to my attention that not everyone knows my townhome was rented. YEAH! A very nice young couple is there and hopefully everything will go well. The lease wasn't signed until the Thursday before I left. I am sure with all of the craziness of packing and saying goodbye I just didn't worry about it anymore. So that has been handled and I will hopefully have a job soon and who knows what else is in the future! It is an exciting time. For many people.
One more thing! Rusty's sister Kelly, his only sibling, will be in town from Nov. 22 - Dec. 8. She will most likely stay here for at least a couple of days before joining her husband in Germany. He is in the Air Force. She will be there for two years with him and their son will be born there. This is the first time I will meet her and I am a little nervous. I met his parents unexpectedly so I didn't have time to worry about it. Now though I get to fret about meeting his sister. Holy cow! Forget it, worrying about it won't make her like me any more or less. (Did you like the use of the work Fret? You just don't hear that very often anymore.)
Have a great week everyone! I heard it is going to be nice in MN as well as here. Ciao!
b
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ChanuKwanzaMas, not Christmas. And either way....
BAH!
As for the sis chic thing: Worrying will do you no good.
Post a Comment