Saturday, November 20, 2004

I have a job!

I started on Thursday. Thank you very much to those that gave professional and personal references for me! On the list were the following people: Andrew, Bryan, Coleen, Stacy, Steve and Heidi Rose. I am not sure exactly who my new boss, Tonya, contacted, but thank you to everyone.

I will be working for the staffing company - Force Staffing. I will work for them placing employees. I will be working in the evening doing the daily payroll and processing new job tickets for the next day. My counterpart Lisa works in the morning and she does the dispatching and other processing of the employees. We have a van driver, Antonio and that is it for full-time Force Staffing employees. Don't worry I will never be alone at night, either Antonio will be there or a security gaurd hired for that very purpose. The employees will be pretty nice to me as I have to give them their check - for the day labor jobs that is.

This will be a huge learning experience and I am really excited! Of course our office is currently in an RV! How crazy is that? Oh well. Many people still live in RVs on their own property while they are waiting for their homes to be repaired. It is pretty crazy but will get better soon. We will have an office shortly (we hope) and then we will be able to get a little more organized.

I have been hanging more decorations outside and freaked out because of all the frogs! Now typically frogs don't bother me, but as Rusty found out when I called him at work, any quantity of them, and when they are jumping down on me from rafters freaks me out completely!!! I had to quit. He must take care of the rest of the garland on the front entrance and the lights on the house. No more stinkin frogs. There is one that keeps hiding on me everytime I go out there. I can see him from the window and then he hides so I can't move him. You know for sure once I try to hang that damn garland over his hiding place he'll be jumping in my face! Dammit. Oh well, I put some lights in bushes and hung a couple more things in the house. Put up these lit balls in the orange tree but they look funny so now I have to take them down and hang them on the outside porch (as opposed to the sort-of screened in porch - sort-of screened due to Ivan).

I was all stressed out over what to bring for Thanksgiving with Rusty's family. I had brought some of these left over Carrot Cake bars to his mom's house and she suggessted to her family I should make those! Now, some wonderful person brought those to the going away party. I am pretty sure they are from a bakery because who actually makes those bars with that great cream cheese frosting? The bakeries do a fine job but his mom thought I made them or something. Great!! I will straight up tell anyone baking is not my forte. I suck and I hate doing it. I will cook all day, but I don't even like to think about baking chocolate chip cookies unless they are the Pillsbury refridgerated dough ones. (Gretchen - note the plug for a General Mills product - they really are good) Rusty finally filled his mom in that I was about to hyperventilate over it so she had a chat with me over the phone. She said, "Honey, look, no one in my family stresses over this. My mother, you know what she brings? She brings cokes and ice every year and my deserts always come from Winn Dixie." Well thank goodness for knowledge like that! I will make those Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Cup Cookies. They are easy to make and really good.

Oh! In the South all pop (or soda) is called a coke and then further described as orange, diet, lemon lime or something else. I don't get it. I mean at least pop isn't a brand name we use for a whole beverage group. Whatever.

Talk to everyone soon and if I don't have a chance to update before then (now that I am a working gal again) Happy Thanksgiving.

Ciao!
B

No comments: