
We have a similar picture of JB with this Pacifier. Our pacis last a long time since JB didn't like them and Timothy isn't wild about them.

It isn't both dimples (my sister Kelly has a great shot of both dimples on her blog - listed on my blog to the left), but it is pretty cute.

This was taken after the first bath that I gave Timothy. It was one of the sponge baths that all kids hate. I was so glad when his umbilical cord stump fell off. He likes his baths warm like his big brother.

I thought this was sweet. I am trying my home photos again. I didn't even want to deal with bringing him in to a studio. We tried that so many times with JB and they turned out as well as the ones I took did. That is no comment on the talent of the photographers, just hard to work with a new born. When he is a little older we will have some done at a studio.

This is from his Baptism. We borrowed the outfit from Deena again. We thought we would keep that tradition alive and get a little more use out of the outfit. The baptism was wonderful. I teared up a little, my dad made fun of me for that. I just think it is wonderful to have our son be a part of God's family and I am excited to have him in the Christian faith. Msgr. Flaherty took Timothy and walked him around the church to introduce him to his parish family. I loved that. We did it at the Sat. evening mass and there aren't many Baptisms done at that time. At our church it is mostly elderly people at that service. They really enjoy witnessing the Baptisms and many of them congratulated us after mass. It was such a great moment.
The other stuff...
IT has been crazy! Healing is easier in many ways but there have been challenges as well with this birth. I had an infection in my incision which really messed me up for about two weeks. I didn't realize how bad it was and had it for over a week before I called the doctor. It wasn't staph or anything more serious and they gave me some pretty potent antibiotics for it, but it hurt! It took Rusty and my mom looking at it for me to realize how bad it was. You know how it is when you see something daily it doesn't seem so bad. It hurt but I thought that was because of my clothing rubbing against it. It was such a small area I was surprised how quickly the Dr. treated it and that they did a culture on it. It is fine now and I feel pretty good.
Now for what you really want to hear - Timothy is doing well. He is growing like crazy! I can't keep up with his demands for milk. I guess no matter what my body will only produce so much. I am not stressing this time; I did enough of that with JB. We are trying a few formulas to see which works best for Timothy. He is pretty gassy and it can be rough for him if we don't stay on top of the gas all day and night.
he is really strong. I swear he will roll over soon. I already am paranoid to leave him on any furniture. He moves! seriously though, I know he won't roll for several more weeks.
I call him Fraser for his receding hair line - you see it in his pictures. He is adorable as far as I am concerned and love every detail. There is very little resemblance to Rusty he is more after me but I don't know if he is favoring the Heiman side or Kimmes side. Both have the darker characteristics. Time will tell.
JB is great and surprises us all the time with his stunts and what he knows. We found out yesterday he knew what is feet were and where they are. Sounds simple but we had not asked that question before of him. I found out tonight he likes America's Got Talent. I asked Anne to DVR it for him (we don't have that) so he could watch it next week at her house. It is on too late for him to see much of it. He was watching the Arts channel the other day - he loves to watch dancing and listen to music.
Now don't get me wrong I don't encourage TV for him and limit it a LOT (I have to get on to Rusty about it). We watch a little while we wake in the morning and maybe some in the afternoon. The America's Got Talent was on for me to watch - he was up past his bedtime. I have some fun pics of him I need to upload but in the meantime check out Kelly's page. She did a great upload of their trip here.
Love,
B
1 comment:
Glad to get the update bridge! Sounds like things are going well.. glad you are healed up now too! Timothy is a doll- Henry STILL has a receeding hairline-- we laugh and try to imagine what he'll look like when he's 60 or so... Enjoy your time and glad you and your boys are all good!
Post a Comment