Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Quick Update

First of all I still haven't received the pics from Rusty's sister. She is as busy as the rest of us so as soon as she has a chance she will send them. Not that I have had much time anyway. My friend is having a garage sale (at my prompting) so I have been tearing through my house gathering up the items I want to sell.

Anywho - Timothy is doing great! We had a little scare last Friday. He wasn't moving and he is always moving. I went into Labor and Delivery Triage and everything was just fine. Of course it takes 45 minutes to get to the hospital and then I was monitored for an hour and another 45 minutes back. It was a long night for this mama.

The day was made even longer because JB had his 12 month check up (yep at 13 months). I have such anxiety over shots that it took me that long to work up the nerve to bring him in for them. He did ok, but I couldn't hold him down. They had Tamara (the M.A.), Jennifer (the office manager?) and Rusty do it. I was there but couldn't hold him for it. I am such a wuss!! I know they are to protect him, but I just hate subjecting him to that. I gave him ice cream when we got home. I had to give him some kind of treat. I don't usually use food, but he really likes ice cream. When he is older (and knows what is coming) I think I will have to get some kind of small toy or something.

I don't go back to the Dr. now until I deliver next Wednesday! I was REALLY glad to hear that. I didn't really see the point. He is VERY high in my belly, laterally positioned and I am not dilated at all. They are closed Monday anyway so why go back the day before just to be told see you tomorrow? Plus Dr. Duke is out of town the rest of this week (family emergency) and she will be slammed in her office. I honestly have never seen a practice as busy as their's. There are four doctors in the group and I can't believe how many patients they must deliver. I know they do other procedures, but there are a lot of pregnant women these days (read that more babies were born in 2007 that at the peak of the baby boom - what is up?). Sorry, got off track there.

I go in at 7 ish for a 9:30 c-section so hopefully we will have some pictures to post within a few days. Maybe Rusty's Kelly will take them and send them to my Kelly or Jill so one of them can send them out to everyone. We will see about that.

There is such a difference in getting ready for this one compared to JB. Well JB surprised us by coming early, but the focus is so much on the delivery and the new baby. This time I am worrying about the house ready, who is taking care of JB and a bunch of details. Not thinking about the delivery at all. I guess mostly because I know what to expect. It doesn't help the nerves about having surgery, but some of the fear and disappointment are not there this time.

OK time for bed. 5 rolls around really fast these days and I was pretty snappy tonight as it is. I don't need a repeat of that tomorrow!

Bridget

1 comment:

Shelly Pagel said...

Oh I'm so excited for you Bridge and I'm glad Timothy is all good... he must have just been taking a really long nap that day!! :) I'm sure it will all go great -- but it must be a strange feeling going in! Can't wait to see pictures !! Take care and don't worry- it will all work out!!