
JB and I went to the Perdido Kids Park last Sunday (the 8th) and had a nice afternoon. He was a little unsure of all the people - it was packed. It was a gorgeous day. He was so cute eating his little whole wheat pita, turkey and cheese sandwhich. I didn't give him the whole thing of course, just bites. He loves sandwhiches! We sat together on a little bench swing and ate it and he just watched the kids and had his lunch. He also tried watermelon for the first time. He seemed to like the watermelon when we were there but wanted nothing to do with that evening at dinner - go figure.

He just loves swinging. When I try to take him out of his swing at home he sometimes screams like I'm beating him. Thank goodness the neighbors all work during the day. I can't imagine what they think I am doing to the poor kid. Little do they know I am just taking him out of the swing (usually so mommy can go to the bathroom).

His FIRST boat ride!! He loved it!! He loves just about anything he gets to do with daddy but he really seemed to enjoy the boat. The life jacket didn't bother him at all and he is always happy to be outside. It probably doesn't matter what he is doing. It was just a little spin near the boat launch but we wanted to see how he would do - hopefully this summer we can take him out a little on it.

Abby and I waited at the dock for them. She didn't care she loves it outside as well and really likes the water. JB is not so sure of the water which is kind of funny. I wonder how he will do at the beach versus the boat? I think we need to stick to the sound side/Intracoastal side of the Key; that may work better for him. The Gulf can be overwhelming for adults much less a small child.

I like this pic - don't know why. I think it is just so cute how he is leaning on his music table. He looks like a little man watching his daddy. Rusty was assembling our new vacuum cleaner. Our other one quit right around Christmas so his parents gave us one for Christmas. Who knew I would be so happy to get a vacuum cleaner and it is awesome!
Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!! Rusty and I have the weekend to ourselves. Anne and David have JB for the weekend. They love their weekends with him and we appreciate the time to ourselves. We aren't doing much - especially now that it is supposed to rain all day. Rusty gave me my gift yesterday - German style sausage!!! Now it isn't my grandma's or Uncle Joe's recipe but it is very good! This little town not far from us in Alabama makes it. It was a German settlement so they still make their sausage German style. You can't find it here other than over in Elberta, AL. It is all this Southern/Country/Cajun style (depends on which brand what they call it). It is good but I miss the German stuff. My grandma runs out so fast I don't ever even get any of hers when she makes it. Rusty gave me German sausage - I picked up Ribeye steaks for him for a Valentine's day dinner. We were trying to be practical for obvious reasons this year while still acknowledging the day. So of course in our house that means food - and usually meat!
I will have to go and get some kind of Chocolate. That has less to do with the day than the fact I REALLY want sweets these days. I try not to keep much in the house; if it isn't here I can't eat it. TO help though we do pick up the small ice cream sandwhiches. That seems to help with the craving without going too crazy. I am trying to watch what I eat. I never lost the baby weight with JB And REALLY don't want to go crazy with Timothy. Rusty keeps trying to get me to eat more - I eat all day long I TRY to eat vegetables and fruit more than anything else. He doesn't understand why. He isn't going to be lugging around two babies, after a c-section, plus an extra 40 pounds (if I am not careful). Of course the above mentioned sausage won't help matters - oh well it is a holiday.
Just after I posted this Rusty got up for the morning and brought me a box of chocolates. I had to update to let you know. Rusty said so. I think he was worried ya'll would think he didn't get me chocolates. He is too funny.
3 comments:
Glad you got your chocolates! : ) And don't worry about the weight.. after Timothy arrives you'll be running like crazy after two kids and the pounds will drop off like crazy!! Love the pictures of JB-- it's so cute
Thanks for the info about sharing rooms! I gotta tell you, I gained at least 40 lbs with my first two...lost it both times, but it took a year each! You'll loose the baby weight too, you just need that year off w/o being preggo! Ha Ha!
I love the sausage story... My mom and dad make sausage, you can't get that stuff in stores! My awesome husband now makes it for me! (and I've been known to steal some out of mom's freezer when we visit...shh!)
I'm a little jealous of all the sunshine I see in your pics! It's been so gloomy here lately.
JB's getting so big! He sure is cute!
So glad Rusty is back to work, what a relief!! JB is just a perfect little man, I just want to squeeze him. And I know easier said than done, but enjoy them while they are babies and dont worry about the weight, you WILL be busy taking care of both of them, I am sure the wieght will just fall off!!
Post a Comment