JB had his 9 month check up this week. He is doing great! He is growing well, slimmed down a bit but as his doctor said that isn't all bad considering today's weight issues.
I don't know how he lost weight. He wants to eat a lot - mostly Multigrain Cheerios. He is not a big fan of baby food anymore. He would much rather have whatever we are eating. He is a total carnivore! He loves any kind of meat. What a funny kid.
He does have eczema so we started a cream for that. It is already looking much better after only a few treatments. Everything else looked great.
I hate having to bring him to the doctor. I would much rather go myself than bring him - especially when having shots. the poor thing. Rusty has been informed he has to go with me anytime we have to do that from now on. I am not doing that alone anymore. I can't take the sad eyes looking at me with the fat tears rolling out of them.
He is getting some molars in which are bugging him quite a bit. I was not happy to hear that (the Dr. noticed) he just got two new teeth (8 now) and it wasn't fun this time. He was having trouble sleeping. he would wake up in the middle of the night and then we got into the habit of eating something. I was afraid while attempting to comfort him I was creating a very bad habit. I learned from the Ped. office that once they double their birth weight there is usually no reason for them to wake up at night needing to eat. I told her I tried one night to skip it and he cried for almost 45 minutes. I caved in finally that night and then a couple of days later that second tooth broke and the little runny nose he had cleared up and he has slept just fine since. I guess it was just a phase - thank goodness!
This morning he fell and bit his tongue. I felt so bad for him. I try to be there when he has pulled himself up on something but I can't be there all of the time and this time it got him. Poor thing. he is fine now but it bled and he cried and then he cried when he woke from his morning nap because it still hurt him. I think it is a little better now but how awful for the little guy.
No news still for Rusty. We are really getting stressed like millions of others in this country. it is going to be a rough year. We just keep praying for the best for us and everyone out there. Know that we think of each of you during these scary times.
Love,
B
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Poor JB, teething is a rough time. And I agree with the shots, I hate hate hate them... but I have to keep telling myself it's for his health, and I'd rather have 2 minutes of crying and sadness then getting the measles or whooping cough or something like that.. good luck and I hope Rusty hears something soon! : ) Post some new pictures when you can!
Post a Comment