Here is our Captian Jack photo. We have started a new game of playing with all kinds of materials. He LOVES his taggies - the fleece is nice for him and I pulled a couple of scarves for playing peek-a-boo out of my closet. We have a great time with this now.
THis is his biker look. I LOVE this expression! He does this when he really wants something or he is excited. It cracks me up. It is usually accompanied by some grunting because he can't get what he wants. He did this same thing when he wanted to go swimming!
Not the greatest look - mid yawn, but you can see his two front teeth.
I went in his room one day to check on him during a nap. He always puts his arm over his face when he is falling asleep while rocking or eating but I had not seen him do this in his sleep. I thought it was funny. He looks like he is pouting or something. Yep, I have a belly sleeper. From birth he wanted to do this. For those of you concerned, I waited until he was much better at lifting his head before I stopped propping him up on his side. He sleeps a hundred times better now that he is on his stomach though!
He is kind of funny in that he prefers being on his belly when he plays. He rolls really well from his back to his belly but really doesn't even try to roll from his belly to his back. He did it once in his crib but now I think it was a fluke. He was pushing up on his arms to look at me and then he started to stretch and rolled over to his back. I think he just fell! Oh well. I am not that worried, but I do need to encourage these developments so we get plenty of time to play.
I have been visiting a friend with twin one-year-old daughters so JB is used to other kids being around. She is in a bind though and we may start watching her little girls for a few hours a couple of days a week. We are also going to start having another little girl come here two days a week to help out her mom with childcare. I will be quite busy with a 5 month old and one or two one-year olds around. I think it will be good for me and JB. It will help with him getting on a set schedule. He will have to take a nap at 9:30 because I need him to sleep while I get the twins their snack. Then I can play with them while he keeps sleeping. We haven't had Abby visit yet, but that will start Monday so we will see how that goes for us.
It is a good thing for me not to coddle him too much. He will still be plenty spoiled, but not have all of my attention whenever he makes a peep.
2 comments:
greats pics!!! Funny- Henry puts his arms over his eyes when he sleeps too. Boys will be boys-- too cute! Glad to hear things are still going well and you'll be one busy lady soon with the other kids. JB will love it I bet!
Holy how he has grown since you were here!!!!! What a doll, I love the biker look of course. It looks like he is pouting in the last one of him sleeping, very, very cute!
Post a Comment