Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Weighing


Of course just as I start typing, he starts fussing. I had to share how we weigh JB at home. Rusty hooks him up to his fish scale. It is really accurate. I think he was within half an ounce of the Dr.'s scale. Sorry to be so short. He is needing a nap I think, but he will likely not go down. He hates to sleep in the daytime. He does pretty well at night though.

Take care,
B

4 comments:

Shelly Pagel said...

Hey Bridge- hang in there with the sleep. Did they ever tell you to take his clothes off while he nurses? I had the same problem real early on with Henry, so they said to strip him down to his diaper when he eats- that will keep me awake better and I was also taught a couple of exercises to keep him awake. But after awhile, once he fell asleep, even if he only ate a little, I'd but him down-- he'll wake up again when he's hungry! Pretty soon he'll start sleeping later and later-- I loved when Henry went from waking up at 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 and now sometimes it's 7am on the weekends-- otherwise I have to wake him up at 5 during the week to get ready for daycare. Just keep remembering- it just keeps getting better and better! What a cutie pie JB is-- can't wait to meet him!

Unknown said...

He's such a sweetheart! Makes my uterus hurt. HAHA!

Love the pictures!

~Kelly

StacyBraatz said...

Rodney will love how you weigh JB, that is too cute!!!! What a little peanut!

MN girl said...

Shelly - I have tried stripping him, wet wash cloths, moving his legs and arms, flicking his cheeks, and ice cubes. The kid just goes to sleep. I have done like you, I just put him down when he sleeps. We're working on it. I checked out your blog and Henry is getting so big! He is adorable. We can't wait to meet him this summer.

Stacy - I figured Rodney and a few others of the men out there would get a kick out of that.

b