Here is the first shot with the balloons. We are going to keep the balloons low, for now, to serve as a mobile. However if they get in the way, or are troublesome, we will lift them up a little higher.
This is another with the little dresser, which is already full. We intend to hang a bunch of photos on the wall over the dresser to add some more character to the room. Maybe a family tree of sorts - if our families would get around to sending us recent photos. I don't know where to set up the Pack N Play, which is why that is in the middle of the floor. We will use the bassinet at first and then I might set up the Pack N Play as he gets bigger for naps in the living room or something. I don't know. I am running out of storage room. We still have to bigger size car seats to put away and a big back pack carrier to store somewhere. I don't know where it will all fit. I am paranoid about the frogs and lizards getting into everything in the shed - the garage doesn't seem so over run so that may work.
These are the curtains Anne made for us to cover the closet. We aren't really able to use the closet for much baby stuff - too full of my stuff - so I thought I would cover it. I love the little pockets and we will watch and see as he gets older if the lower ones are troublesome for him. I think they are cute and I love the fabric.
Ok now for the doctor visit update. All seems to be going well. Based on a theory she has about delivery time and weight loss, I should deliver in the next two weeks. She said she has noticed that many pregnant women lose a couple/few pounds just days before they go into labor. I had lost one pound from my last appointment so she thinks it will happen within two weeks. I am dilated to 2 and softening and he dropped.
The ultrasound technician did a Biophysical analysis of the baby today, at least I guess that is what she was doing. I had not heard of this, but my RN sister Jill had and it was good. He or I or we both scored 8 out of 8 on it. I guess that means all is well and he is growing just fine. I am going to look that up. I have been doing a lot of reading but had not run across that term in the past, but was also not looking for it.
He was doing practice breathing in there. I thought it looked like a hiccup, but the US woman said he was practicing taking breaths. Has anyone heard that before?
She offered to strip my membranes for me if I wanted, but I think I will hold off for that at least another week. If we do that it wil be because we really would like David to be able to be here for the birth - not in the delivery room, but in the waiting room. He hasn't ever really been a part of anything like this. He is so excited. Hopefully the little man will make his appearance on his own. I would like to keep to his schedule and not mine, but we also really want David to be a part of it. I think she offered to do it because she gets a lot of requests for help with starting labor. I think if I felt bad I would be happy for the help, but I really feel good being pregnant. Tired, a little swollen in the legs, but nothing is that uncomfortable. I am looking forward to sleeping back in my bed though.
Ok, I need to go and take care of my sick husband. Go figure, he comes down with Sinusitis(?) right now and a 100 degree fever. He has medicine though and Dr. Duke said she would let him in with us even if he was sick. He would probably have to have a gown or something. Who knows?
Love.
B
2 comments:
Wow, you are really getting close!!! The nursery looks great!! It's making me want another one! Good luck with the storage thing..we can never seem to store everything! I think about you every day! Love Ya!
I have never heard of the baby taking practice breathes, intersting! Glad all is well and things are progressing for you even though you are feeling good! The nursery is just adorable, you guys did a great job on it, I am sure this little guy will be very content sleeping in it!
Post a Comment