Yep, the tiredness is setting in as well as the swelling in my legs and feet. The foot in the ribs is gone since he dropped which is VERY nice. I have however continued to sleep on the couch because it is the best way to keep me on my left side. I always end up on my back! Now though, I don't know that I would, I can't breathe well flat on my back.
My MOMS group has offered to help with meals for a few days or a week after we have the baby. I was thrilled to hear that. I am pretty realistic about what it can be like after a baby is born and I was tired just thinking about cooking - even with the food prep I have been trying to do. Rusty of course said tell them we don't need them to do that. I said yes we do! He has no idea what it can be like. Now, I realize it isn't warfare or anything awful, but we will be busy and having people help with a few meals is absolutely welcome. What he doesn't realize is that were we in MN, it would have been done, and many women do this for each other.
Of course I only figured that out after Joyce had Grace. Her sister had brought over dinner and I thought well duh! That is exactly what a new mom, no matter how many kids they have, needs. They need it all the more with more than one child.
This MOMS group has been great. I know I already mentioned it a few times, but I really love being a part of something that is about the spirituality of being a mother. That all of those little things we do (or I will do) are a ministry to my child and husband. Thank yous are not given, or expected in many of the instances, it is just what we do. The group I meet with is small - only 6 of us. There is a day group though that is a lot bigger and although we are separate we do things as a whole. One of the moms in the day group lost her husband over the weekend. Everyone volunteered to help with the memorial service food, set-up and clean-up. I am sure there will be continued help if she needs it. It is so nice to be a part of something like that.
Rusty doesn't understand. He has never been a part of church or been aware of his mom doing anything like that. I am sure she did, he just didn't pay attention. He thinks he takes care of his family and everyone else takes care of theirs. Sometimes though, we need help from our family, friends and community. It brings everyone closer together.
Ok, I have to go back to work now. I am considering cutting back on my hours. I hate to do it, but I am having a hard time getting up by 5:30 to get to work. I could sleep longer, but it takes me so long to wake up now, that I have to get up that early just to make it on time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Bridget your MOMS group sounds wonderful and that will help you out so much for them to help with your meals! I did that for my brother when they had #3, I think that is the best gift a new mom could ever recieve!
Your ready huh.... wow I can't believe the time is here, it just seems like yesterday you were here for your reception and you were barely pregnant!!
Get some rest if you can!! Take care!
Post a Comment