Tuesday, November 13, 2007

yet again

I took one of the belly pictures everyone says is so cool. Unfortunately for me my butt is so big it looks like I will have the baby from that end - already! I don't usually mind my assests but I wore a tight tank top, which is white and long. I thought that would work better for streching as the baby grows. Yeah, it might but it also makes a big booty look really big! Needless to say that photo ain't gettin posted. The other that was taken from a closer angle shows the lack of make-up and complete exhaustion I was feeling that particular evening. Not a good idea to take a photo you may share late on a Friday evening. Too much has passed during the previous week.

I also had a parenting revelation over the weekend. Not a bad thing. Every time I try to explain it, people think I am being negative I'm not. I am just realizing the differences faced by a parent of an only child versus one with two or more. I have never known what it is like to be an only child, obviously. I also always had plenty of playmates in the neighborhood and among all of my cousins. Seeing my nephew Nick who is not only, an only child, he also has no cousins and will likely only have one cousin; I realized it is a whole new world. A world revolving around one little person. Not because it is his fault or initial idea, but that is the world adults created.

It made me realize I will not only be the mom, I will often be playmate to my child. It was something I had not ever thought about in the past. There was always someone the child's age to go and play with for fun. I am just trying to imagine what this will be like as a mother. I am sure it will be wonderful and I plan to enjoy as much of it as possible. I hope to not take for granted any of the special moments of parenting. They will pass too quickly.

On that note, I am going to go and lay down, relax and see if I can feel any little bubbles - meaning the baby. My friend Joleen, who is due at almost exactly the same time shared she has felt her baby moving. Of course she is on her third child and is pretty familiar with the process and feelings.

Take care all,
Love,

b

No comments: