I am trying to keep my promise about updating regularly. But it isn't as frequent as some would like I am sure. I have chosen to not worry about cleaning the house or the Christmas decorations for the evening. Maybe I can convince Rusty to do the vacuuming for me tomorrow.
There isn't a whole lot of new information to report. I still have to finish up some thank yous from the party in MN and then I need to get the Christmas cards out in the mail. Probably I'll do the Christmas cards first. Just simple cards this year. We went and took these pictures at the beach with a little tiny Sandman but Rusty and I agreed, we didn't look good in the pictures. Sorry folks, no sandman for your Christmas card holders this year. I might post the picture here though once I upload it to the computer.
I had another doctor appointment on Monday. Everything is going well with the pregnancy. The heartbeat sounds good and my belly is measuring exactly where it should for 18 weeks. I am still down a pound from when I was first weighed but she assures me that is fine - I will more than gain it back. I am however going to try and stay within the 25 pound mark. I have been fortunate in that most of what I crave is fruits and vegetables. Last Saturday I HAD to get some grapefruit to have this salad I saw on Food Network, Everyday Italian with Giada DeLaurentis. It was grapefruit, red onions, basil, chives and balsamic vinegar. It was really good! I was surprised I liked it so much. The oranges on our tree are also ripe now and they are wonderful! The juicer is getting quite the workout right now.
I had been having some pains low in my abdomen and they were worrying me. They were strong, painful and too low to be the baby. Fortunately they were just ligaments stretching. However, that made me wonder, if they are streching already, how much shifting is going to occur over the next 20 weeks? I am a little apprehensive about that. I can still wear a few of my regular pants and shirts so I want to know how much more things are going to stretch.
We have our ultrasound on Monday. We are still NOT going to find out the sex. This is a matter of some frustration for a few folks, but you will all survive if we can. Yes it would be fun to buy cute baby clothes but we can get those later. Anne, Rusty's mom, will go with us. I found out my mom had gone with my sister Deena and I thought it would be kind of cool if Anne had the same chance with her new grandchild. I don't know if she did that with Kelly (Rusty's sister) or not, but even if she did it would still be nice to get to see this one on the ultrasound. I can't wait to see the baby wiggling around again. I still can't feel it moving, or at least I am not aware of the sensations. Joleen (my college roommate) has been feeling her baby move a lot, but this is her third so she probably recognizes better the feeling. We are due at almost exactly the same time!
Gretchen sent me this AWESOME book Best Baby Bargains. It gives a ton of information on everything related to babies. The research, things to consider, safety and of course value. It is a great book and I recommend it for anyone that is expecting. The best part is the reviews they give on most of the major brands/manufacturers. It has already been very helpful.
We are of course getting a little collection of wonderful baby gifts and things we have bought. I even picked up two books at Kohls the day after Thanksgiving. Guess How Much I Love you and another one. They were only $5!! AND They were hardcover!
This weekend I am going with Rusty's family to Bellingrath Gardens on the west side of Mobile for their Holiday light display. If the weather is good we will all make the journey to enjoy the Christmas lights. It is supposed to be this wonderful garden place and people frequently talk about it and visit. I had been wanting to go and check it out in the spring or fall, but Rusty was not too interested. I think a weekend shoe shopping held as much interest as walking around a garden for him. He is in luck this weekend. He is working - and believe me that is where he would rather be.
Nikki and I may go shopping on Sunday at Old Time Pottery and the outlet mall in Foley, AL. She has never been and I have been all too often so I can navigate. It is a haul for her but not bad for me. It is like Destin. That is where she most often shops, but that is too far away for me to go very frequently. I am trying to see if I can't get her or my friend Trina to go with me to Fairhope, AL. It is this cute little town on Mobile Bay and it supposedly also is beautiful during Christmas. I guess it is beautiful anytime, but especially so this time of year.
Ok, I am getting tired from looking at the computer. I need to go now. I hope this is enough for now. I may have other stories after this weekend. Oh! I will try to get a picture or two from the ultrasound up next week. Give me a few days. please!
Love,
b
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment