Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Ring pic




Finally! Rusty's mom, Anne, had to help us but we finally got a photo of the ring for those curious folks.

I need help from the faithful readers. Rusty and I are getting married here. Of course we are limiting the guestlist but are having a big reception in MN for my family and friends. My mom and I were talking about it and she suggested a fall theme for the MN stuff. It will be in October. I am hesitating because we are going with a really casual beach theme here and I thought about just continuing it there. however, there will be a lot more people, tables, placemats etc. in MN. I would have to at least double what I need for beach stuff. Would it just be easier to to a fall theme? it is my favorite season and I desperately miss it, which is why we are having the recep. in Oct. Do I then need to have separate invitations made for the reception? Our colors here are Gulf colors and white. The invites wouldn't work. I could just do a very simple invitation on card stock for the MN recep. Sorry I am just jotting ideas as I am thinking about this. There is no cohesiveness to this. Train of thought!!!! Opinioins people I need them. Any volunteers for leaf collecting? Anyone want to plant a bunch of pumpkins for centerpeices (yeah right and then have them be shaped well for display) What about apples as candle holders? Any other suggestions. I will stay away from the halloween aspect - just fall. I am concerned about my dress and how that will look. Also Rusty's attire. Probably won't stick with the whites/neutral theme for guest attire. That is fine, doesn't fit well with fall anyway.

I think we are planning on the 12th. A week before Benji's bar mitzvah. I can't believe he will be 13!! That will also better our chances of cool but not cold weather. Rusty's parents plan to come up and they won't like cold, but are very excited about being there in the fall. Our friends Robby and Jody and Brooke may also be coming with us. They will all be in the wedding. Jason will be another attendant but I doubt he will be back in MN any time soon. Still a little unhappy with the Christie situation and has no happy feelings for MN, her home state. Oh well, I will forever have gratitude for her, without her I never would have met Rusty.

How crazy will it be with only one girl and three guy attendants? I may ask my other friend in the area. Now, I want to stress that I am selecting my friends here because I love them of course, but I do not want to slight any other friends. I do have several that will be honorary bridesmaids. I don't want anyone to feel obligated to be here. If you come, I just want you to enjoy and have fun!

Ok I think I am done rambling..sorry this one is particularly bad. I am tired from work, school and wedding planning. It is a good tired but writing anything well (and in a hurry because homework waits) is not good.

ciao!
b


Oh here is the wedding website - still under construction.

www.theknot.com/ourwedding/bridgetkimmes&rustysimpson


b

No comments: