Sunday, March 12, 2006

Mardi Gras

As promised some photos from Margi Gras. We did have a great time. Of course many of the veterans reminded us that the floats we were seeing were amatuer compared to New Orleans. Well who cares? We had fun and it didn't smell like beer up and down the street and children were able to be present.

This is Jodie and me at the parade, we both work for JJR. Who would have thought I would have the opportunity to wear purple hair in Florida? There wasn't much of it around, but I don't usually have a problem standing out a little in a crowd. Of course this is toward the end of the parade, if not the end. We had plenty of beads for our efforts. I think the purple hair helped get us noticed! Heads up though, it hurts to get hit with a hand full of beads!







Well, here is Rusty with me. He wasn't as into the whole dressing up for the day. As you can see below I did get hats form him and Robby. Robby kept his on most of the day, Rusty was quick to get it off his head. He still managed to get some beads!


















These two pics are of JJR's friends and family at the party we were attending. My boss, JJR, has a beach house on Pensacola Beach. The sun deck overlooks the main street. He loves to throw a big party for such occasions. There was a ton of food, and drink. I think they had 12 bloody Mary mixes. He and his wife, Susan, and friends of theirs, Sandy and Peter McDavid make all of the Bloody Mary mix. Another lawyer friend Jerry Allred made the gumbo and red beans and rice which were awesome!! That was some of the best gumbo I have had. I will admit though I think the seasoning may have been on the light side, which is why I liked it. I don't always care for the cajun spice mix. Proves that I am a Yankee I guess. Or just not familiar with the flavors. In the photo with the guy in the red sweatshirt there is a interesting mix of people. A circuit judge, former politicians and felons, and current lawyers. One can never tell with whom you will be associating in life.


















Ok, I guess that is all for now. Take care everyone and I will hopefully see you soon!
Love,
B

No comments: