again, but I hope I am doing better. I didn't realize how much time would be taken up by working at Target. Now that I quit that I don't need to worry about it anymore. It wasn't so much that I didn't like it, I really did. It was just taking up more time than I thought and I was so tired all of the time. I also felt quilty about being away from Rusty and Buster that much. Especially Rusty. Inevitably our work schedules would conflict and he would work days when I would work nights or vice versa. That was no fun. There would be several days a week we never really saw each other.
I also quit because I thought I was going to have a few more visitors during the holidays. I thought my dad and one of his friends were coming down. I was wrong they aren't coming, but it also wouldn't have been my dad and his friend. My dad, mom, sisters and brothers-in-law were all trying to come here for a week! I wasn't as disappointed as I would have been had I known in advance. It would have been a surprise when they all showed up here. that would have been so great! That is why Dad was making sure he knew which weekends Rusty was off of work. Some other time I guess - hopefully soon!
yeah - that means we would love to have many of you here. Maybe not all at the same time, but we love having guests. Rusty loves it because he gets to know my friends and family better and he knows how happy it makes me. So far we have had Dad and his friend Ritchie Frandrup. I feel bad about that trip. Rusty had to work most of it and it poured rain the whole time until the day they left to go home. I had only been here a few days so I was no help as a tour guide and I was busy applying for jobs and trying to get settled. Not to mention the place was still a disaster only six weeks after Ivan.
Next was Angie, Brady and Sara. That was great, it was still a little cool and windy here, but we did get to go fishing one day while they were here and went over to Pensacola Beach.
Then we had Heather and her daughter Samantha. That was probably the best timing. They were really worried because it rained most of the first two days. Then we had two gorgeous days and spent them out on the boat. They swam, rode around, hung out on the beaches and loved it. We even saw dolphins in Bayou Garcon (right by our house - the canal stems from that).
Most recently was Tonya. She was too shy to realize that we love going on the boat and pretended she didn't want to go out on it. Note to all - for the most part Rusty loves being on his boat. We don't do it all of the time because time doesn't allow it, but we love it when guests are around and we can! It isn't like he's getting ready for a fishing trip 20 miles out in the Gulf. We just tool around on the Intracoastal Waterway and other bayous and sounds. It is fun and relaxing - when it isn't too choppy - right Sara and Angie?
If you come to visit - come in the Summer! There is just more to do, even if it is just boating and/or fishing. Oh by the way, I have caught I Red Snapper now. About a 6 pounder. I don't remember if I put the picture up or not - if not I will!
Enough about that. I have our house Christmas decorating nearly complete. Rusty and I will make the final touches on Sat afternoon, before he goes to work. It is just hanging the garland on the porch. I will not do it alone as this is what first made me hate the stinkin tree frogs in the first place. They hide on the ledges under the eave of the porch and then jump down when I try to hang the garland. They then stick to me and I have to knock them off. I don't mind them when I can see them, but I HATE when they jump down on me.
We are hosting his family for Christmas Eve dinner. I am looking forward to it. A few people thought I would be nervous, I'm not. It isn't that many more people than my immediate family and it is certainly less than either of my family gatherings for Christmas that I would usually attend. Even with all of the snowbirds in the family there are still about 40 that attend the Heiman family and probably around that many for the Kimmes'. It is amazing how families grow.
Rusty's mom, sister, brother-in-law and nephew will be staying here for Christmas. It will be fun! It will be the first time I meet Kory, his sister's husband. We have had Kelly here a couple of times and Nick also. He is so cute and getting so big! His mom is always awesome and we love having her here. We will miss David, Rusty's stepdad. He will be working off shore out of southern Louisiana and be there for Christmas. He is really disappointed. We are also.
Of course, I don't allow myself to think about how much I miss my own family and friends around the holidays. I try to focus on the stuff I do get to do. It is really hard to be gone again for Christmas. Maybe next year. I think Rusty will be working so I might just go home. If he isn't here with me for it, I don't want to be without my family. Not that his isn't lovely, but it isn't the same.
I am still hoping to be back early in 2006. Maybe alumni weekend? There is another trip I may have to take with a friend just for a weekend, that will be the only factor that effects the timing of the trip. So hopefully I will see everyone soon!
Love,
b
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment