
This is from the big Blue Angels Air Show over Pensacola Beach. It was a lot of fun and I really like these air shows. Photos cannot illustrate accurately how stinkin close these jets are. We all had the day lights scared out of us at one point. One of the jets buzzes the crowd breaking the sound barrier - at least I think that is what that noise was. Buster was not a fan of that trick and neither was I to be honest with you. All those people and boats on the water and then a big boom - I thought there had been an accident or something!

Of course it was so hot we all had to play in the water. Buster loved it. At least I think he loved it. He doesn't seem to mind too much. Yes, we are in the water and there could be sharks in it. We are just not worrying about that. Besides, if you have to pee it is the only option for the gals. Really the guys also. The boats get really close during these shows and there isn't a way for the men to pee discretely either; everyone gets in the water.
Are you enjoying my fun with the pictures? Cara, my co-worker, is also now blogging and she showed me how to do this. The spell check option doesn't work correctly on my computer so I didn't even try the photo option. It does work and is much easier to use than flickr. Not that flickr is bad, just not as easy as this. I did notice that a PC has a lot more editing options than are available on a Mac, but that is ok. I wouldn't trade this computer for 20 pcs. Well maybe 20 but not just one.

This is the reason that Rusty will not live in MN. You just can't catch a 31 lb. red snapper in MN. I don't care how big the lake is. Of course I don't care it you can catch this or not, but they get quite excited about this. We have half a roll of film of this fish, not to mention pictures of several other large fish they have caught. This is his friend Jody, sorry for not explaining that earlier in the paragraph. Rusty and Jody have been friends forever and still love to go fishing every chance they get.
Jody's girlfriend Brooke likes to go also. I do not. I don't mind being out there with them, but I am not interested in fishing. It is hard to do, messy smelly and I would rather read a book. Which is exactly what I do especially if the water is as calm as it was that day. The Gulf is as smooth as glass.
It isn't that easy to read out there though. The boat rocks a lot and after awhile blood and fish guts are all over the place. I try to stay at the front of the boat ( no place for fishing rods but that doesn't mean the guys aren't up there working the fish), but the front of the boat is where they keep the coolers for the fish. It is a little unnerving to hear a fish flopping around fighting for it's life. Yeah I know, call me a hypocrite, I'll eat it, but I can't kill it. Sometimes, if the fish are big enought they even kick up the lid!

Another tradition is that no matter who actually reels in the fish - everyone on board has their picture taken. Brooke was taking this shot or she would have been in it. She is so funny, super cute and a thin little thing with this curly hair and she just loves going out with these boys fishing. She is a teacher so she gets to do it a lot in the summer with them.
I guess that is all for tonight. I should go and do some cleaning. I have no intention of doing anything tomorrow other than tanning and reading the new Harry Potter book. It has already been implied to me that the books are evil. Not to mention with the last book release how many times we took calls telling us we were going to hell for selling the book. I don't care. I think they are truly wonderful stories, with real characters, flaws and all and have a great message for kids and adults. Magic is just part of the setting that brings them together. I will be going to get it at midnight. I even called to be sure the stores were still going to be open tonight. Not everything was back to normal since Hurricane Dennis but it looks like after today the majority of the area is.
B
No comments:
Post a Comment