I had a melt down today in panic, not knowing what I should be doing to get ready. I did laundry so we have as many clothes clean as possible. If Dennis hits it could be a couple, if not several, weeks until we have power and water here. I brought in some stuff from outside. Filled up my car's gas tank - which took about an hour to even find a gas station with gas!! I have put photo albums in a cooler hoping that they will be somewhat protected if the roof blows off. If it floods we are screwed no matter what. No flood insurance - we are not in a high risk flood zone, but if Dennis get much worse who knows what could happen.
This may be my last update. We may go to AL tomorrow night to try and get through traffic. As it is it will be really backed up but waiting until Sat. may be too late. I will try to keep in contact with my sister Kelly but the calls will probably not be very frequent. My cell phone doesn't work well there and neither does Rusty's. They may not have local service and who knows about other cell phones. Kelly's number is 651-438-0139. I would ask that a calling tree be used. Not that I am able to set one up but Kelly may not be able to field too many calls. Not that I think you are all sitting around waiting to hear what goes on in FL, but if a person could call Kelly and then call a few others to spread the news that would be wonderful. You know what I mean.
Pray for the safety of the people here. As I said yesterday it isn't that we want others to suffer, but this area has already been through so much. I can't imagine how much worse this could be. I would love to be over prepared and spending next week unpacking all of the stuff I have thrown in bins and coolers. Thawing all of the frozen containers of water and cleaning them would be a much appreciated task. Especially when compared with the task of thawing that for possible use for cleansing or even drinking if we run out. The primary use at this point is to fill the chest freezer which will keep everything in it frozen longer without power. We don't know how long it will be until we are back here and able to run the generator to it.
Before we leave and after Rusty and I have both showered we will fill the tubs with water for use with the toilets. I wouldn't have thought of that but no power no water - even in the toilet. You need to flush it somehow. Too much I tell you!
Take care and I promise I will update this as soon as I am able. Possibly from his parents house. We will see. I am taking my computer with me up there. I dont want to chance it being destroyed as it is my major means of communication with my friends and family.
keep us in your thoughts and prayers. I almost feel guilty asking that in light of what has happened in London today. They need our thoughts and prayers as well. Take care all!
Love,
Bridget
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment