Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Dennis

Ok so we are thinking another hurricane is a-coming. Not excited about this. I will try to update this as the storm progresses, but who knows what will be going on at that time. It shouldn't hit until this weekend. There will be plenty of info on national weather stations. Someone from CBS news was in town today doing followup stories on Ivan disasters and what would happen to the area if another hurricane hits. Too much I tell you.

Debbie, she works with us one day a week as an accountant, she and her family are just three weeks away from finally getting into their home after Ivan. One son is at her best friend's house, two of them are together, her husband is in a travel trailer at their house and she is in a FEMA trailer at her son's house. Can you believe that? And for their area they were lucky, their house was still standing.

Pray that this turns out ok. We hate to wish this on others, but this area is still so damaged still from Ivan. But we cannot control Mother Nature and her whims. I will keep my mom and sister Kelly posted as to where we are (here or at Rusty's parents house) and what has happened. If it is a Cat. 2 or above and we are near the eye we will probably be at his parents house. Well, I just talked with Rusty and he will be at work. He works at a chemicals plant and they are not giving time off for people to be home. They can't, the systems will need extra attention during the storm. I am not worried about his safety just that I won't be there with him because they don't allow pets. Depending on work for me, Buster and I will be in AL at his mom's house. What sucks about that is I don't have 4-wheel drive and may not be able to get back like Rusty could in/after Ivan. I also don't know how to run a chainsaw and wouldn't want the freeway or side roads of AL to be my first experience with one.

Like I said, keep us in your prayers. I am actually very calm and level-headed. Many people here are taking this VERY seriously. The hurricane people are predicting landfall here or nearby in several different scenarios. It could be scary.

As I said I will keep everyone as well posted as possible.

Bridget

No comments: