1. Drank moonshine! The real stuff made in a still by some local people. It really does burn your eyes and I was flushed for nearly an hour after tasting it.
2. Drank moonshine wine. Really this is just a blackberry wine that I didn't really like not because it was homemade stuff. Most of you know that I don't like that really sweet stuff and this was sweet, but had a little burn like Mad Dog 20/20 - Joyce, remember that stuff? Most of my high school classmates have tried that at one time or another.
3. Own a pistol and gone shooting. I know sounds crazy. Rusty knew I was having trouble sleeping alone at night so he thought it would help me relax. It does a little only know I am concerned I will shoot him by mistake! Technically there are two of them, a utilitarian looking German made black one which I shoot pretty well. The other is a silver pearl handled smaller one that I didn't shoot as well but is more esthetically pleasing. You know I just want the white one cause it's cute! However, Rusty and I need to go and try them both out again so I know for sure which one I am more comfortable shooting.
Now in FL you do have to have a permit to carry concealed just as in MN but nothing to own a gun. I thought for some reason if I bought it I needed to register it. However it isn't paid for yet, just on loan from David, Rusty's stepdad.
MISC. I think that is it for the Redneck stuff. I have eaten some awesome Gumbo, red beans and rice, gone to Mardi Gras, and eaten a Moonpie. Ann, Rusty's mom, is worried that everyone will think they are influencing me in a bad way (to be a crazy redneck, which they are not) and hold an intervention. She is so funny but she is serious. I think there is one other thing I did that most associate with....I remembered! I went to a 250 lap nascar race. LOUD, SMELLY (burning tires) and LONG! Enough beer though and most things are bearable.
On the other hand, Rusty now recycles paper, plastic bags, bottles and cans. I am looking for bags for us to use while grocery shopping and have convinced him we need to buy Method laundry detergent which is biodegradable (available at Target). Even though it is more expensive it is much more environmentally sound. We have a canal in the backyard that feeds into a bay, into another bay, into the Gulf. We must be responsible. I'm not yet a tree hugger, but am moving along well. I think I am mostly responding to the complete lack of concern for the environment in this area. They don't much care or even think about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment