Monday, December 13, 2004

Cold Weather

It feels like home! It even smells like home! You know what I mean. It smells like cold weather and it is so exciting for me! I love it! I know I hate the cold weather but I can handle it knowing that it will only last for a few days here as opposed to a couple of months.

The owner of the company just dropped by today. The owner, Frank, lives in Oklahoma. Um, hello? A word of warning here. Lisa the other office assistant thought he was casing the joint because he had been driving around earlier in the morning. This isn't a leap, everyone knows that sometimes in the staffing industry, especially in the labor part of that, there are some unsavoary characters. I've met them and we all know who they are. So to think the owner may be shady isn't a leap. I thought it was funny.

I still don't know when I will be home again. I do know I can't make it back for Shelley's wedding and I am really disappointed about it. That and I'm disappointed I won't see the rest of you! Hopefully soon I can make it back. I am almost afraid of coming back though, it would be hard to say goodbye again to everyone. As much as I miss you I don't want to go home, because it means I have to say goodbye again. That is crazy I know but as everyone has already read last week was hard.

I had two little kids crying on the phone because they missed me. My niece McKenzie was the worst. I answered the phone to her asking me to come home. She even saved a dollar to give me when I come and see her. I finally made here feel better with the promise of the sea shells I am sending her, but holy cow that sucked. The other was the daughter of my friend Joyce. Isabella was very upset that I couldn't come over and paint her toenails because I live in FL. Joyce and I were both surprised she even cared. Not that she is indifferent, but I didn't see her on a daily or even a weekly basis before I left MN. I didn't think she would even notice. Joyce made her feel better and we have an appointment for me to do Belle's and Emma's nails the next time I am home!

I went to the Snowball derby (car races) on Saturday night. Before anyone gasps in surprise and cries of redneck, I will remind you that I went on more than one occasion to the races in MN to watch Donnie Reuvers race. He is the husband of my friend Melissa (Taylor) Reuvers. In fact Donnie is a spotter for one of the two drivers from MN that were in the race on Sat. Needless to say I was cheering for the MN drivers. I couldn't pick the one (some Kevin guy) as my driver in our betting but my guy crashed so then I was free to root on whomever I wanted. The other guy from MN crashed right away, unfortunately that is the guy that Donnie is a spotter for in the race. Too bad, but Rusty Wallace's son, Steven won the race (only because the MN driver crashed in the last 15 laps). There are some people out that that know who Rusty Wallace is, I know the name because my brother-in-law Mike is a hug fan of his. That's all on the racing front.

Take care everyone!
b

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always knew Minnesotans couldn't drive!