I know, it has been too long. There will be more photos today I just need to download them - which I am in the process of doing. It is hard to get on the computer. A lot of the time when I could be doing this I try to clean, or write thank yous, or sleep, all that crazy stuff.
We seem to sort of have a nighttime schedule. Bedtime is around 9 or 10 PM and then he is up around 2 or 3 AM. He usually stays awake for a couple of hours and then goes back to sleep again until around 7:30 or 8. That isn't too bad. The reason he is up for so long is because it takes me forever to nurse because the kid STILL goes to sleep on me. I am beginning to think I just need to pump and give him a bottle. It would take about an hour off of the awake time at night.
I go back to work next week. The timing sucks because my mom and sister Kelly will be here shortly. If only he had been able to come on his own time. I know his Baptism would have been within the six week timeframe of being off of work. Oh well, I will take a couple of days unpaid and then mom and Kelly will get to babysit two days. They actually seemed excited about that. Rusty thought that wasn't such a good idea and I think we are all ok with it because we know they are really here to see JB. Not that they don't love me and vice versa, but as all you moms know at this point when you walk into a gathering everyone wants to see the baby, not you. I am fine with that. I had my time. For nine months I was pampered and Rusty is still pampering me. So everyone wanting to be with JB is lovely. I also am ok with that and enjoy getting a break. A friend of mine here said she was a jealous mom and didn't like many people watching or being with her children. I don't feel that. I am comfortable with leaving him with trusted people and am happy to get out and be me, not mommy.
Anne came down over the weekend and gave us a break. Rusty and I were able to go on a couple of dates! We went and had sushi Friday and then on Saturday we went and saw a movie. It was so nice to get to just hang out with him. It had felt like forever!
Ok, let me work on getting some photos up here and on snapfish. I usually put more photos on snapfish than here. If I don't have your email address in my snapfish account let me know and I will add you to the list - if you want to see them!
Love,
B
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love the poo picture!!! I can't believe you have to go back to work already, there should be a longer leave for moms, but at least you seem content with it. Glad you and Rusty get to spend some time together, that is so important and a must!!
Post a Comment