I saw Dr. Duke this morning - I just love her as a doctor. I am progressing! I am a little surprised by that but at the same time I almost expected it. I have had nothing other than what felt like mild, and I mean MILD, menstrual cramps. I am about 70% effaced (sp?) and a soft 1. She said that means I am really close to 2 but not there yet.
However, she said I am measuring small so I am going to have an ultrasound next week. She was kind of non-chalant about it, so I am not sure if that is Dr. speak for an excuse for an ultrasound or not. Regardless my belly is small so it is true and everyone says that I don't look that big for being in my 9th month but Shelly and Brooke didn't look that big either. I think it is due mostly to my being tall with a long torso and this being my first.
The baby was really active this morning and his heart rate was up a little. Last time he was very mellow. I thought that too was a little odd because normally I eat something in the morning on my way to the Dr's office and it usually involves fast food and a Coke. (Yes I know Coke isn't good for me, but it is one of my cravings and I keep it to 1, maybe 2 a day.) This morning I did have a chocolate doughnut (another powerful craving lately) but with a large glass of milk. Go figure!
So all of my friends that have had babies already - I could have used a little prep on the bleeding post cervix check! I didn't expect that and how HEAVY and immediate that would be. Again, I should have known since I spot after a pap smear, but holy crap! Rusty will kill me since I borrowed a pair of his boxer briefs (I didn't realize how much I needed to do laundry). I have clean clothes just not the comfy stuff, and his briefs are really comfortable even if this tush really is too big for them. Sorry, probably TMI which will probably get worse in the next few weeks.
My boss when he heard I was dilating got a little panicky and kept saying you said April, the END of April. Dilating means you are getting ready to have it. I couldn't help but laugh at him, poor guy. He has three kids you would think he could remember you never know when a baby will make an appearance. I reassured him that I could be dilated for weeks and not have the baby. I think Joyce was a 4 for almost a month with Isabella. (Of course now she just delivers them herself at home with a midwife watching to be sure everything is ok.)
I guess tonight I had better finish packing the bag for the hospital and get the thank yous done. You may not get them anytime soon, but they will be written. I need to get stamps before they go up in a month! I hope that dresser shows up this week. I want to start the laundry and putting all of his little clothes away!!
Take care,
Bridget
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
funny about the boxer briefs, I wore Brendon's too- they were comfy! That is so cool you have made some progress, I never made any progress- even at 41 weeks, so it's exciting to hear it! It could be early could be late- you just never know :) I never bled, even when my dr stripped my membranes and all those treatments I had, just wait til post baby bleeding-- ok not to be gross, but I didn't expect that much either... or those lovely diaper things they call pads to wear while in the hospital! Keep us posted- we're soo excited for you and Rusty!
Love Shelly Brendon and Henry
Post a Comment