Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Shower Pictures

I wanted to post a couple of pictures from the baby shower Kelly, Rusty's sister hosted for me. Partly because you can see one of the balloons we are using in the the baby's room and also there is a cute picture of the pregnant girls at the shower. There were three of us pregnant and a three-week-old baby at the shower on Sunday. I didn't get any pics with the baby - I was coming down with a cold and kept my distance from him.





Nick wanted to get in on the shot - actually I think he was more concerned with the M&Ms on the table or some other sweet treat. Right behind him is a balloon that we will be hanging the in the baby's room. I have three little ones that will be like a mobile for him. The bigger one will be off to the side or end of the crib. It is just a little too big to have hanging over the baby's head. It is really light, but I wouldn't want it falling on him.




These were the favors she bought or made for the guests. They are cute. I love on the nutrition information list (not pictured) that it lists: Love & Joy 100%, Hammers & Nails 20%, Baseball 20%, Hugs 20 %, Sweetness 20%. The only thing missing is the great outdoors. The ingredients line is where, I guess, we put our names. I'll check again online. We have extra to hand out once the baby is born.




That is Brooke Neal on the far left. She was the Maid of Honor in our wedding and is due the have their son in about 3 weeks! She doesn't look it if you ask me. She is doing really well and is having a pregnancy much like mine - complication free. Let's just hope and pray for the same with her impending delivery.

Obviously that is me in the middle - at 30 weeks. Kind of hard to see the belly in that dress. I will take another shot this week when I am feeling (and looking) a little better.

Nikki is on the far right. She is 24 weeks along with her second baby - a boy. We saw the difference in being pregnant with a first baby and a second in her baby bump. She is a lot bigger this time around at 24 weeks than she was with her daughter, Finley.

Rusty's Kelly (as opossed to my sister Kelly) helped settle the slight ongoing discussion of our baby's first name. She gave us a personalized bag with James on it. It is a Going to Grandma's House Bag. We were pretty sure the first name would be James, but for some reason Rusty was still a little hesitant. He also just told me he'll call the baby Jimmy. I have a cousin, and a second cousin that go by, or used to go by, Jimmy and definitely do not want to go that route. I told him we just have to go with James and Bauer as the middle name and we'll call him JB. That will avoid any confusion with Rusty's first name and the baby's. Of course I reminded him that a lot of people that know us NEVER address Rusty by his first name, James, and many are not even aware that is his first name! He is a man with more nicknames than my neice Alexis and not one person I have met has addressed him as James unless in a legal or religious matter.

Also settled is the small dilemma of what to call my parents and Rusty's parents. When we were kids it was Grandma and Grandpa Kimmes or Grandma and Grandpa Heimann. Down South they have a plethora of naming options for grandparents to avoid confusion. My parents will be Grandma and Grandpa which is good since that is what all of my neices and nephews already call them. Rusty's parents will be Memaw and Pawpaw. Not nana and papa - Mee-maw and Paw-paw. It is cute and Nick has made the decision for us all. Of course it was only recently that started. For a long time it was Maw and Paw until he got the hang of using both syllables.

Ok this cold is kicking my butt and it is time for bed. Check out the last post - that has the baby's room pictures in it. I broke up the posts because it takes forever for the pictures to load if I put too many on at once.

If any of this is poorly spelled or sounds odd - I blame the cold.

No comments: