We are having a baby boy! We are very excited. We found out about a week ago - last friday January 18th (? - I don't have a calendar in the office/guest room anymore).
Anyway, I had another ultrasound at the Florida School of Ultrasound. There were about 10 people in there with me. An instructor and several students. I had to tell a few of them to push a little harder so they could see well. I asked them not to tell me so the instructor printed the picture with a shot of the goods and put it in a sealed envelope. I then met Rusty at his parent's house (he was of course hunting) and we all found out at the same time.
Anne and David are already planning the hunting trips for when Nick and our baby are in their teens/twenties and they stay in the bunkhouse. She will cook for them, and they will get to hang out in their heated little room with indoor plumbing. Not bad for a bunkhouse in the woods of Alabama.
Rusty was already talking about camping and fishing trips with Nick and our baby. Assuming they both will enjoy that. I guess I will get to tag along on occasion. It is a good thing I like camping and enjoy hanging out at his parent's house, or I might get the shaft.
The little man will also go with his mommy to the Holly-Dazzle parade, to see A Chrismas Carol at the Guthrie and as many Viking and Wild games as I can get us to attend. We also have the Ice Pilots for hockey here in Pensacola. I guess I get to be the sports influence and Rusty the outdoors. That works for me since we all know, too well, my aversion to tree frogs getting on me and snakes of which there are plenty here.
I still pray daily for a healthy and happy baby with continued health and happiness throughout his life. I would appreciate any and all prayers for the same. I tend to be a worrier so of course I would have that as a concern. Why I feel the need to borrow trouble I don't know. I think it is hereditary - I get it from my Dad. I am thrilled though - all the worries aside.
I am truly blessed and am frequently overwhelmed by the love and happiness I feel. I just lay and watch my belly move in the evenings. I love it when he is wiggling. Well, sometimes it is a little freaky, but mostly I just smile. He isn't moving hard enough yet for it to hurt. Rusty has seen my belly move but has a hard time feeling the movements with his hand. I know that will change soon enough.
I need to go and get some rest now, I have another doctor appointment in the morning with a bunch of lab work - the glucose test being one of the labs. I am not excited and have to get up early to be there on time. I am REALLY dreading the weigh in. I know, I know, relax I am pregnant. I just can't help but think that I will have to lose all of this weight after the baby is born. Ugh. It is worth it though. And even after having said that, I wouldn't turn down a McFlurry if Rusty wanted to stop on the way home from hunting to get me one!
b
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment