Sunday, January 06, 2008

Belly Picture!




I FINALLY added it!! Yeah! Ok that was the first of the series. I guess I will do them monthly for everyone. It was taken almost exactly two weeks ago. I also realize the arm in front needs to be behind the belly but you will all have to deal with it for now. Next time will be better.

According to the doctors I am measuring exactly where I should be. Some of you may have read or heard this already but bear with me. My belly was, at my last visit, 23 cm and I was 23 weeks pregnant. The heart rate is 146. The nurse told me I have a bad little boy in there. I am guessing her conclusion is based the heart rate and where he is located in my abdomen. The baby is very low and has been from the start. They always find the heart beat right between my pelvic bones. This may be why when the little one moves I occasionally have to run to the rest room. I think the baby steps on my bladder every once in a while.

I gained too much weight but I am blaming my tennis shoes and denim jacket for two of those pounds - not to mention the Holidays. I will do anything to not admit I really gained 12 pounds in one month. I didn't see my regular doctor this time, she was on maternity leave, but the new doctor wasn't too critical. He said I just don't want to have another month like that. I have four to go I REALLY don't want to have another month like that. I am just hungry all of the time now. I am trying to stock up on healthy snacks so I don't eat all the crap like the cookies and candy that were laying around here for a month during the holidays. I still prefer fruits and veggies but all other food issues are gone and I want to eat everything I see in addition to veggies.

Rusty felt the baby move for the first time last night. It wasn't much but it was strong enough that he couldn't pretend it was gas or any other digestive issue. He likes to tease me about that a lot. He is looking forward to when the baby's movements get bigger and he can really tell it is the baby.

I hate that this whole thing is about being pregnant and the baby, but that is about all that we deal with right now. Everything is in reaction to, or preparation for the baby.

We bought a crib today! Our child will have a place to sleep. Of course if I don't get the room cleaned out, it won't have a room for the crib, but one step at a time. I am not in a huge rush on the room. I want most of it done about a month or so before the baby, but I know that once I have the room done, I will want the baby right then and there. If there are last minute things to take care of and arrange after the baby is born I don't think that is such a big deal. Maybe that is just me being lazy. I just don't think that other than onsies, diapers, wipes and breast milk (or formula) the baby will mind if everything else isn't perfect. S/he can only see about 12 inches or so at first, what does s/he care if all the shelves are perfect or everything is out of the box?

My friend Susie said she had a hard time once the room was ready. She was really impatient after that for the baby to be born. My friend Teresa (here in FL) that is currently pregnant and due at any time (37 weeks measuring 43 cm - she's got a big boy in there!). She has been done with all of the baby room things since October. She wishes now she had something to do to keep her occupied and distracted because she is so uncomfortable. I feel for her with what they think will be a 10 pound baby!

At this point our baby seems to be in the norm for length and weight meaning heading toward the average of about 7 pounds. That sounds fine to me. I don't want an underweight child but I also don't want a 10 pounder. Teresa has had two other children, they are both much older now, but both of her girls were big also. Bless her heart for putting up with all of that!

Well, it is time to go and start putting up the Mardi Gras tree and some Valentine's day decorations. Mardi Gras and Easter are both early this year. It may be chilly out on the beach for the parade. Joleen was here last year for the parades - we had a great time I sent home a bunch of beads for her kids to play with and a feather boa! There is no telling what we will gather this year.

Take care everyone and Happy 2008!

Love,
b

2 comments:

Shelly Pagel said...

Hey Bridget-- cute little picture! Don't worry about gaining too much because it will probably all even out... I gained 4lbs in weeks once and then 2 weeks later I had lost 1, so just eat normal and it will all be good! Holidays are hard though! And I totally agree with you on the room, I'm about 7 weeks away til the big day and still have no room yet... bits and pieces of a room, but still half junk room 1/2 baby room! Maybe next week we'll get to it-- but your friends make good points about wanting to final stuff in the final weeks when you really start to get excited! Have fun!!

Shelly Pagel said...

Hey girl, better update your blog soon and keep us all posted of what's going on!! I want to see another picture too! : )