I am watching the President on GMA this morning. They are discussing gas and prices. I don't give a fuck about the price right now. True it will hurt me financially when prices go up as high as we think they will but that isn't my greatest concern now. There isn't a gas station with in miles of my home that even has gas. We are trying to figure out how we are going to get to work on Monday (or Tuesday with the holiday) not because of money, but because we don't know where to get any gas.
Price gouging is illegal in FL. $5.00 a gallon won't happen here for awhile. The person that did that in Atlanta should be prosecuted. People are panicking.
This hurricane will affect even those in MN, OR, WA, NY everywhere in ways never expected. I don't mean to sound heartless for the financial burden in gas prices it will cause in this country. We will all suffer from it, here and there. I just hope that as someone is cruising through middle America concerned that gas is $3.00 a gallon, he or she would keep in mind the situation that caused it. 1000s will be dead - soon. Millions have no homes, no jobs, no vehicles, no food and nor water. They may have lost family members. They haven't been able to make a phone call in days. They don't know what is happening; just that water is rising, or their state is in ruins, and they don't know when help will be there.
No I will leave my computer in my comfortable air conditioned home, take a hot shower, eat a hot breakfast and go to my job. True I may not be able to get there on Tuesday, but it will be there when I can get to it. I am grateful for everything I have.
B
Thursday, September 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment